Driving school

Jake didn't answer me. I decided to change the subject by starting to explain where Troy is. We found him quickly. He had already come down the hill and was standing by his car when we arrived. He wasn't surprised by Jake's appearance, obviously he had seen him through binoculars.

"Well, wasn't your sister there?" What's next?" Troy started to say with his usual grin, but Jake immediately pressed him right against the car door.

"What the fuck are you doing?!", Jake pushed Troy again, "Are you the smartest here? I told you that we would go together in the morning, why did you suddenly leave with her without me?! Also for Walker! Sometimes it seems to me that you don't understand what's going on at all. Our father didn't just send you to that military base, but even there you were doing nonsense..."

Troy interrupted Jake by pushing him back.

"I didn't hire you as a babysitter, so shut up, I have the right to leave the ranch without you!"

"Not to the settlement of our enemies! Do you want to provoke them to attack?!"

"I don't care, so far we have more weapons and more people!"

"You idiot, if they come, someone will definitely get hurt, we have to protect people!"

"Go to hell, Jake, I wasn't going to provoke anyone, I'm helping to find a person!"

While they were figuring things out, I noticed that the dead started coming to this noise. At first one appeared, I was already so used to them that I didn't even strain myself, and I started to take out a knife to deal with him, but suddenly I noticed that several more were following him.

"Hey guys..." I started, but Jake and Troy noticed the dead men themselves and quickly stopped swearing, pulling out their weapons. In a couple of minutes they dealt with the walkers, I didn't even have to get dirty. Troy walked proudly to the car, saying:

"As always, Jake, you only know how to read morals, and when it comes down to it, all you can do is push someone and knock down two pedestrians."

Troy's words were true, he had killed most of the dead. Jake gave him a stern look and came over to me.

"What did he ask you to do at Walker's settlement?"

"What do you mean?" - I didn't understand what he was talking about.

Jake raised his voice: "What were you doing there? Did you plant explosives? Did you add anything to the food?!"

"Jake, I didn't do anything there, I just asked about my sister."

"Did he bully you? Did he threaten to kill you if you told?!"

"Yes, calm down! Troy didn't threaten me!", I decided to omit the moment with the interrogation about my husband, because it had nothing to do with the case.

Jake continued to attack me with shouts and accusations, I understood that he was just angry at Troy, but I didn't quite understand why. Although I was sure that Jake wouldn't hurt me, nevertheless, it was quite unpleasant to justify myself for the second time in a day.

Jake had already come very close, it seemed to me that he was about to just crash into me and wouldn't even notice it in a fit of rage. But then Troy's hand fell on his chest:

"Hey, Jake, it looks like your father taught you not to treat a lady like that! Let's calm down already, she has nothing to do with it, I just wanted to help in finding her sister, stop shouting, let's go home," his indifferent voice surprised and calmed at the same time.

Jake exhaled, rolled his eyes, and threw up his hands.

"Okay, we're leaving, but if you did something to Walker and he comes back for revenge, we'll kick you off the ranch. No, both of you!"

"God, Jake, stop pretending to be the lord of the world, you're taking too much on yourself. While our father is still in charge of the ranch!", Troy said just as indifferently and headed for the car. "Della, hurry up, or I'll leave you here and you'll go with him!" he continued sarcastically.

In light of Jake's behavior, I absolutely did not want to go with him in the same car, so I hurried after Troy.

We drove for about five minutes. I turned my head in his direction. The face does not express anything, the form is in the blood of corpses... I wonder what he's thinking?

"Hey, Della, you don't want to drive, I'm tired," Troy said suddenly.

I couldn't believe he could be tired at all. It was as if there were no human manifestations in him.

"I don't drive with a manual transmission," I said shyly.

"How is that so?" Otto was surprised.

"After I got my license, I drove only by car," I spread my hands.

"Well, that means I'll have to teach you again!" Sit down!"

"Okay, come on. But don't get your hopes up too high."

Troy stopped, quickly jumped out from behind the wheel, and we switched places. By that time we were already far behind Jake, who was driving home, obviously still in an aura of anger.

"Well? What should I do?"

"Oh, it's that bad, right?"

"I warned you," I muttered, spreading my hands.

"Okay, look, squeeze the clutch to the end, turn on the first gear, take off the handbrake and gradually release the clutch, then press the gas pedal, release the clutch and accelerate, squeeze the clutch to the end again, turn on the second gear and step on the gas, understand?"

"Of course, I understand, but let's deal with With this step by step, I'll start with the clutch."

Troy laughed. I felt a little ashamed, although I didn't even understand why.

"How senseless is your feminism! That's the real difference between men and women."

"Did you decide to switch places because of this?"

"No, I just don't talk much with women. Sometimes it's interesting to watch them."

"Oh, well, it's clear, Troy, you haven't had sex in a long time, that's why you're such a jerk!"

Troy raised an eyebrow:

"Do you want to help with this, Dell?"

"In another life."

"These days, this phrase has acquired quite an interesting meaning, if you die, I will not deprive you of the opportunity to fulfill your promise!" he laughed with renewed vigor.

"Mm, you're into necrophilia!" I rolled my eyes, starting the car at the same time. I do not know what inspired me so much: a challenge to all women from the point of view of the driver from Troy or the opportunity to have sex with him, but I went.

"Wow, well, this is a completely different matter, it even seems to me that you are not so ignorant!"

I didn't answer. He infuriated me, but at the same time aroused my interest. The last time I experienced this was at school, with a classmate. But I was still a little old for teenage love.

"And how old are you?" Troy suddenly asked, as if reading my thoughts.

"25, and you?"

"I'm 29, and you're still very small, Doctor."

I didn't say anything.

"So, what are we going to do with your sister?" Is she the youngest? Do you always have to run after her?"

"A year younger. But I never ran after her. And I blame myself for that."

"Well, I suggest we go after lunch and take your family to the ranch. Maybe your Clara will be with them."

It was strange that he was trying to calm me down, but I wouldn't have stopped looking for Clara even if he had convinced me that it was hopeless.