House in the forest

I was moving along the road.. My thoughts were all about Troy. I prayed that he would survive. But little depended on me anymore. I pulled out the bullet and did everything I could. What happens next is the will of fate. I had already driven a decent distance when I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to leave the pills. Frst aid kit was lying on the next seat.

"Fuck!" There's no point in going back. I'll just burn through the fuel. It is better to quickly find alcohol, food and return.

I remembered shooting that hooded man. I wonder who he was? Where did he get this gasoline from? My first sacrifice, which I did not regret at all. If there had been more bullets, I would have shot him again. He could have taken Troy away from me. The thought that he might die was my personal hell. I tried to drive her away, thinking that I should take it from the shop.

A funny phrase has become a household word with us: take it in the shop. Not so long ago, everyone used the verb to buy. Now we just take everything we need, hoping there will be more supplies.

I was mentally making a shopping list:

Pills. There are not enough of them. It's worth taking them whenever possible.

Meal. If earlier something specific stood out in the list, now there was one word. It doesn't matter what we find: waffles, muesli or canned food. The main thing is to find at least something.

Toothpaste or powder.

What else? Alcohol. Any strong alcohol. Maybe I'll get lucky with vodka. But this is unlikely. I'd like to find at least a whiskey. We need something to disinfect.

In these reflections, I got to the supermarket. When I went inside, I realized that it was almost empty. There was no food at all. But there was alcohol. I grabbed a cart and put a couple of bottles of cognac in it. There was no whiskey there. Vodka, alas, too. Then I moved on down the list. I imagined myself wandering past the shelves of an ordinary supermarket at an ordinary time.

Unfortunately, there were no pills here. But we still have them.

Taking two large bags at the checkout, I dumped the contents of the cart there. Everything is packed. Passing by an idle terminal, I said to an imaginary cashier:

"Thank you, goodbye!"

"All the best to you!" I answered myself with a different intonation.

Funny. Throwing my things in the back seat, I drove on. Here everything was in fits and starts: a couple of houses on the outskirts, then emptiness, a supermarket, emptiness again, a gas station a couple of kilometers away, emptiness.

Suddenly, quite by accident, I saw a house. He was slightly visible from behind the trees. There may be some medications there. Weapon. If you're lucky.

I drove off the road into a ditch. The dead man attacked me, but the knife was already ready. I hit him on the head. He fell, and I cautiously began to move towards the house.

A couple of minutes later I was already standing on the threshold. The house was much bigger than it looked from afar. The door was closed. I kicked out the window. It quickly flew apart, putting my hand inside, I turned the latch. It swung open. Rubbing my hands, I was able to get into the house.

After removing the shards from the windowsill, I leaned on it with one hand and jumped over the frame. Meet the guests!

I walked around the house. It was pretty clean. It was as if he was isolated from the whole world. Although why as if? It's far enough away from the eyes. It's strange that I paid attention to him.

After walking through the first floor, I realized that everything here looks like before the apocalypse. This place looks like what we were looking for... At least, I was definitely looking for something like that. Should I stay here? Take Troy and the kids with you? There was also a basement and a second floor. I chose