I'm asking you to leave

We drove in silence along the deserted road, catching up with my parents' car. Troy sat behind the wheel and occasionally glanced sideways in the rearview mirror. There was a desire in his eyes to incinerate Aron on the spot, but he restrained himself. I was very surprised that he agreed to take him to the ranch at all.

Aron just didn't believe we'd met again yet. Me too.

Some heavy rock was playing loudly in the car... in the style of Troy. I was glad of this music as never before, because our tense silence lasted too long.

When we returned, we were greeted by a shocked Alicia and Jake. I really wanted to talk to my family, to Aron, to the Clarks. It was necessary to digest everything that had happened somehow. But I didn't even know where to start.

As soon as we got out of the car, Troy silently headed for the house. I wanted to stay to talk to everyone and calm my emotions a little, but for a second I imagined Troy's feelings and realized that I couldn't leave him alone right now. Aron immediately looked at me inquiringly.

"Aron, I'm sorry, but not now."

"But, Della, please wait, I have to...

I didn't listen to the end and followed Troy. I managed to catch up with him only at the door of our room. He confidently went inside, took off his shirt and silently headed towards the shower, as if not noticing me.

"Troy, wait..."

"What? What should I wait for?!" He shouted, turning to me.

"I want to talk!"

"Don't. This only makes it more painful! Don't you understand?! I know what will happen next... Just go away. I'm letting go. Go away!"

I saw his face. He was trying to hold back tears.

"What are you talking about, Troy?"

I walked up to him and held out my hands to his face. He pulled away.

"I'm asking you to leave!"

"Troy, don't push me away!"

"I know you want to leave! I know that!" He threw my hands away, already frowning from the inability to restrain himself.

Suddenly he sat down on the floor, pressed his back against the wall, hugged his knees and put his head on them. I could see his whole body trembling. A moment later I sat down next to him, hugged him and started stroking his back. He was so defenseless right now. And I felt so sorry for him, I didn't want him to feel it all.

"Tell me, what should I do to make you come to your senses?"

"Dell," he raised his head, still sobbing, his eyes already irritated and starting to turn red, "I'm so tired... I'm incredibly tired, please leave! Don't stay with me out of pity, it's humiliating!"

"Troy, don't you dare send me away!"

"But I see that you want to go to him now! He's alive! And I was just a temporary hobby! You've lived with him for several years, and you've only met me recently! And I'm such a scumbag! You trusted me, and I behaved so abominably! So I got it as a punishment. And now you're going to go to him... I know. I know that!" He buried his face in his lap again.

"Troy," I lifted his face, "please... I'm here and I'm not leaving. It's not out of pity, but because I love you."

He rubbed his eyes lightly.

"It's true, Troy! What makes you think I'm going to leave at all? Because of Aron's words?"

"What do you think?! He's alive! He's your husband! And we have such problems in our relationship! And he's coming back!"