Khan

"Get up! Get up!" Troy's voice was as if muffled. He lifted me off the floor, trying to pull me away from my sister. I couldn't move. A slap brought me to my senses.

"Hey Della, please, we don't have much time, it's time to go!"

Like a robot I began to do what Troy said. After washing the blood off my hands and face in the bathroom, I quickly grabbed my backpack and clothes. When I walked out into the room, I saw Troy stabbing Robert's head. I squeezed my eyes shut so I wouldn't see him do the same to Clara. But he must have finished with her first, because as soon as I appeared he screamed:

"Let's get out of here! We might have been heard!"

We went downstairs. We walked through the familiar square of El Bazaar. We entered a narrow corridor and ran through it to the entrance. All of this happened in a couple of minutes, I was uncomfortable in these shoes, so I couldn't hurry anymore once we were outside the gate. It was all a blur. I was in shock.

I don't remember how I got in, how Troy started the car, or how we drove. I woke up when it had been a long time, and we were in some woods. Troy stopped and looked at me. I looked up, too. His eyes were on fire. He was almost ecstatic at what had happened and got out of the car. I did too. We were silent for a while, then he looked at me.

"You look fucking great!" he said, examining me with a hungry look.

"Do you like that dress?"

"I like you, not the dress."

He pulled me to him and kissed me. I responded, but after a few minutes I pulled away. He realised the shock had worn off and I was starting to realise what had happened.

"Della, nothing is your fault. Remember this. She attacked you on her own. Besides, your sister was a rare cunt. She's the reason that scumbag attacked you. She's the reason you snorted coke, killed that guy in L.A. You deserved a holiday. She would have killed you herself if you hadn't killed her."

"Troy, I killed her... No, I really killed her. Is this real?!"

"Listen to me," he took my face with both hands, "we're not going to talk about this anymore. Ever. It never happened. Do you understand me? If you meet family, you tell them she's gone. She ran away. Just like before."

I nodded yes. Troy let go of my face.

"Where are we going now, Troy?"

"Let's try to find something new. By the way," Otto reached into his trouser pocket, "while you were there 'smiling' and 'batting your eyes', I didn't waste any time either", suddenly he handed me the watch.

"But how?"

"Very simple. I stole it. She didn't wear it. I guess it didn't fit her hand," he laughed.

I put on my watch. I felt calmer. I kissed Troy on the cheek.

"I love you so much, Della. My fists are still clenched... When I saw that freak on you... Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I wanted to kill him so bad. I'm so happy because I killed him."

"Thank you for making it in time, Troy."

"I just felt that something was wrong. I just had a cramp in my chest. It's so disgusting to think that I might have been late... Baby, I'm sorry I let you go at all. I bought your words about the baby... What an idiot, I'm sorry I didn't keep you from this..."

"Troy, it's not your fault. I was just naive. And you were right about everything. You have no idea what they were saying, thinking I didn't understand. I'm so sorry I didn't bring my gun."

"Wait, what?! Did you go there without a weapon?! How could you?! Are you crazy?! I won't let you go anymore. I'm a complete idiot for falling for your persuasions and trusting you!"