Hold on tight

Rain sat behind the wheel of his car, grinning widely, and drove home. He and Phayu had been lying on the couch for a few more hours, Rain resting his head in Phayu's lap, who gently ran his fingers through his hair and stroked his back. Rain had so many questions that he wanted to ask Phayu all at once, but he decided to save those for another time because Phayu had promised him that he would ask him out on their first date soon.

Our first date!

Rain chuckled in anticipation. He couldn't wait.

When he got home, he quickly washed his face, brushed his teeth and got ready for bed. He snuggled under his soft blanket and started wondering what P'Phayu could be planning for their first date.

Maybe we'll go to the cinema and then to a cozy rooftop restaurant? I've always wanted to do that. Or we go out to a climbing park or a lake for a nice picnic with sandwiches, strawberries and lots of little snacks to feed P'Phayu. Or we go to the amusement park, ride a roller coaster, eat cotton candy, take selfies and go to the haunted house. That would be a reason to snuggle up to him.

Rain had many more ideas, but soon he was falling asleep with a warm feeling in his heart and a big smile on his face.

A week flew by as Rain had his hands full at the university. He and Sky had various chores to finish and midterm exams coming up, so they spent most of the day studying in the library. Both of them were deep in their books when Rain's phone vibrated and Phayu's name appeared on its screen with the little storm icon. From one second to the next his heart beat faster and he almost dropped his cell phone. Sky was already eyeing him but went back to his book.

Phayu🌪️: Do you already have plans for next Saturday?

Rain let out a giggle, making Sky look up with a raised eyebrow.

"Who makes you blush like that?" Sky whispered.

Rain quickly dropped his phone and put his hands on his face, covering his warm cheeks. He had blushed. He thought hard about what to say to Sky and whether it was the right time to tell him about the night at P'Phayu's. Of course, he wouldn't tell EVERYTHING, because first of all Sky wouldn't believe a word he said and would roll his eyes and secondly he would never endanger P'Phayu by telling his secret. That's why he decided to tell Sky about the night but to keep some details to himself. Also, he was way too excited that he was going to go on a date with P'Phayu, to not tell anyone.

"Where do I start? You remember that I was asking everyone on this campus for information about P'Phayu and someday Ple told me that Phayu owns a garage so I made a plan and decided to visit him."

Sky gave him a confused look, not a clue what his friend was trying to explain to him and how that had something to do with the message he just got.

"Well, I'm going to make it short: Phayu and I have our first date on Saturday!" Rain said, squealing with joy, bouncing up and down in his chair.

"You what?!" Sky shouted.

"Shhhh!" came a condemning voice from another table.

Rain and Sky did a quick wai to apologize to their fellow students before returning to their conversation.

"You what?" Sky repeated now in a whisper.

Rain blushed again and told him how it happened. Sky listened intently, leaning forward in his chair to not miss any details. He couldn't believe how quickly Rain had managed to convince the faculty god to go on a date with him, although Phayu had previously been rather skeptical about Rain and had shown everything but interest in him.

"Phew." Sky slumped back in his chair and tried to collect his thoughts.

"You really are a stubborn person, and it paid off to be so stubborn. As always, you hit your head against the wall and get rewarded for it."