~ 9 ~

Aelia had avoided Astarion for the rest of the time they spent in that cave, and when he went to his bedroll to meditate, she moved outside into the sun. Seeing Shadowheart, she walked over to her.

"I've noticed you and Astarion are getting along nicely." She remarked with a coy smile, sharpening her blade.

Aelia's eyes widened, "It's not like that." She instantly said, hiding the slight flush on her cheeks. Shadowheart laughed at her gently.

"With the way he stares at you, I would say it's definitely like that. And I see you watching him." The cleric carried on, and Aelia swatted her with her hand playfully.

"I do not watch him!" She exclaimed and looked back into the cave, seeing that Astarion was still meditating.

"Point proven." Shadowheart gloated, and Aelia rolled her eyes with a smile.

"I'm going to wash in the nearby river, I shouldn't be too long." Aelia said, and Shadowheart nodded, watching Aelia set off in the direction of the river.

She looked around to see if anyone was nearby, and when she was satisified that she was alone, she stripped and waded into the river. Dipping her head underwater, she pushed her hair back as she came back to the surface.

She swam around for a bit, taking in the nature until she heard a crash of water and a curse.

Turning around, she saw Gale was drenched and holding his palm, his shirt off. His eyes widened as he saw her and looked away.

"Sorry! I didn't think anyone was here. And it's very obvious that I fell." Gale said, sounding embarrassed, Aelia covered herself under the water and flushed.

"It's alright, what's wrong with your hand?" She asked, and Gale turned it to show a deep, flowing gash. He winced.

"Turn around whilst I get out, and then I'll take care of that gash." She said, and Gale nodded, turning around.

She got out of the water, and tried to dry herself quickly, wrapping her robe around herself. Her wet hair hung to dry, and her bare feet padded on the forest floor as she walked to the cave. Gale followed after her.

Once inside the cave, she headed towards her pack and took out a cleaning salve and a clean cloth for the blood. She made Gale sit down on the log, and she sat beside him, holding the injured hand gently.

She cleaned the wound with the salve, and then wiped away the remaining blood, she then casted a healing spell on the wound and it sealed shut, leaving a white scar on his hand.

"Magic is an amazing feat." He said, staring at his palm and looking impressed.

"It is, I am grateful to have it." She whispered, still holding his hand to do a final check of the palm.

"You two look rather cozy." Astarion bit out, sitting up on his bedroll, his eyes staring at where Aelia held Gale's hand. He then stared at her in her robe, with her hair wet, and Gale's equally wet hair and shirtless body, and the vampire looked angry for a moment before he looked away.

Aelia dropped Gale's hand.

"Don't let me disturb you." Astarion finished, standing up and stalking towards his own pack, his shoulders set in anger.

Gale sighed and stood up, "Thank you, Aelia, you're an extraordinary healer."

Aelia smiled up at him, "Thank you, Gale." She whispered, watching as Gale quickly walked out the cave, leaving the healer and the vampire alone.

Silence stiffened between them.

She approached him slowly, and stopped when there was five feet between them.

"What's wrong?" She asked, unsure if he'd answer.

He turned and looked at her, his eyes searching her face.

"I'm sorry, I still haven't fed and I'm easily angered, especially when Gale is involved." Astarion said, his gaze flicking to her neck quickly, then back to her eyes.

"What do you normally drink from?" She asked, eyes narrowed in curiosity.

"Animals. Sometimes people. But given that I burn like a crisp in the sun, I won't be able to have blood for a while yet." He sighed, and Aelia's eyes lit up with an idea.

"What... What if you had my blood?" She asked, and Astarion's eyes widened slightly.

"Do you trust me?" He asked stepping closer, his eyes darkened.

Aelia looked up at him, her breathing quickened at his closeness.

"Yes." She whispered, and watched as he stepped even closer.