Chapter 5

There was nothing more frustrating to Toris than feeling helpless, and he certainly felt helpless right then.

Gilbert laughed as Toris fumed with rage. "Aww, mad?" He asked. "Why don't you talk to your boyfriend about it? What was his name... Corporal something or another?"

Something about Gilbert talking about Feliks like that hit a raw nerve in Toris. He leapt at the arrogant idiot, fists raised.

Antonio caught his arm, preventing him from assaulting the Prussian. Toris shook, tears stinging his eyes. And to think, he had been thisclose to going out with the love of his life. It was all shattered thanks to a stupid picture taken by a group of assholes.

"Francis," Antonio said. "Give Toris the camera."

"Why?" Francis pouted.

"It's not nice, that's why. Give him the camera."

"No," Francis said.

"A little gossip never hurt anyone," Gilbert pitched in.

Toris felt his lip wobble. "Are you going to shOw that picture around?" His voice cracked.

Francis nodded slowly. "Yes, two lovers make good talk, no?"

Toris felt so utterly helpless. "P-please don't," he squeaked.

Antonio frowned, looking perturbed. "Gilbert, Francis, what's the fun in just making someone upset?" He asked accusingly. "Perhaps... It would be more fun if you, um, made it a game. Yes, make Toris work for the picture back. If he can't, then we show it around."

Toris blinked. Antonio shot him a sympathetic glance.

Francis cocked his head. "What do you mean?"

Antonio leaned over and whispered something into Francis's ear. Francis turned and repeated the message to Gilbert. Then, all three huddled together, chatting away in hushed whispers too soft for Toris to overhear. Finally, they broke away.

Gilbert cleared his throat. "We, The Trio of Awesome, also known as the Bad Touch Trio to outsiders, would like to make a compromise on this awesomely brilliant day, a Friday, and-"

"Oh just get to the point already!" Francis scoffed.

Gilbert scowled. "Fine." He crossed his arms. "You don't want that picture posted, you gotta win a competition. Francis, Toni, and I have been filming for a little... YouTube video. It's gonna be viral, all right." Gilbert smiled cockily. "All you gotta do is make a video too and have it hit viral before ours does. First to 1,000,000 views wins. If we win, the picture gets posted all around the school, if we don't, it doesn't. Deal?"

Toris sniffled. "D-deal."

With that, the trio turned and left, except for Antonio, who lingered behind.

"Thank you," Toris breathed when Gilbert and Francis were out of earshot.

Antonio shook his head. "No, don't thank me. It is partially my fault you are in this situation in the first place."

Toris wiped his eyes. "Why are they so mean?"

Antonio glanced toward the sky, lost in thought. "They have secrets of their own, and they want to cover it up. They are scared," he said after a pause. He chose his next words carefully, "Francis talks about how much he loves girls all the time, and there sure are a lot of girls that would gladly date him. Let's just say... he is single for a reason. And Gilbert, well he is dating Elizabeta, but a while back I saw him staring at, uh, what's-his-name all dreamy-like."

Toris stared blankly, shocked. Antonio lowered his voice as he continued, "I've been in a similar situation before. It sucks, I know. I'm sorry."

Antonio turned away and raced to catch up with his friends, leaving Toris to reflect on the Spaniard's words. A flame of aspiration ignited inside Toris. He still had a chance with Natalia. It was possible.

Feliks poked his head out from the school storage room. "Are they gone?"

Toris stiffened at the sound of Feliks's voice. "Uh, yeah," he murmured.

The Pole crawled through the hole in the wall, joining Toris in the bushes. He glanced down. "Uh, Liet... I'm sorry."

Toris nodded. "It's okay."

Feliks shook his head. "No, it's totally, like, not. I kissed you. That's a big deal." He looked down sorrowfully. "I ruined our friendship, didn't I? If you like, don't want to talk to me anymore, I understand." Feliks looked like he was about to cry.

Toris's expression softened seeing Feliks so upset. The little Pole didn't look right without a smile plastered on his face. "No, it really is okay," Toris assured him. "I'm the one who gave you the wrong idea. Plus," Toris added, a tenderness residing behind his eyes. "I need a partner in crime to make some YouTube videos with."

A/N: Two chapter in one day woo! Please hit that like button if you enjoyed. Also, just something I wanted to explain about this AU. Besides the Vargas brothers and Gilbert and Ludwig, none of the characters are related to each other. Okay that it's for now. I have another chapter ready for tomorrow ^J^