Chapter 22

Diiingdong

The doorbell rang, echoing throughout the house. Toris's mom ran to open it.

"Je peux passer?"

Toris glanced up from his homework at the sound of someone speaking French. Of Francis speaking French nonetheless.

Toris's mom didn't seem to know what to make of the question. Francis cleared his throat. "Désolé," he said. "I mean, sorry. I start speaking French when I'm nervous. Uh, may I come in? I'm here to see Toris."

Toris's mom stared at the Frenchman for another second before nodding. "Yes." She stepped back and looked at her son, who was at the kitchen table. "Toris? Is this-"

"A friend," Toris interrupted. "Yes." He tried to hide his surprise at Francis's sudden appearance.

The Lithuanian looked at his mother, than at Francis, and back to his mother. "We'll be upstairs," Toris announced. Francis followed the Lithuanian to his room.

Once she shut the door, the Lithuanian raised an eyebrow. "Is there a reason you're here?" The question came out colder than Toris expected.

Francis seemed unfazed. He casually sat down on Toris's bed and nodded. "Yeah."

"Fine," Toris said quickly. "Just promise me you won't start yelling or accusing me of anything if I let you hang out here?"

"Promise," Francis agreed.

Toris made a face as if to say what do you have to say?

Francis sighed. "I don't have friends."

"What about Gilbert and Toni?"

"Well Gilbert's out of Juvie by now but there's no way I can face him after... You know. And Toni and I have drifted apart ever since we started Highschool in the first place."

"So that's it?" Toris asked. His voice raised a little at the end of the question. "It's one thing to drift apart from a friend, but to ignore Gilbert after what he did for you? You three were so close a couple of years ago."

Francis seemed uneasy with Toris's outward disgust. "People change," Francis retorted.

"Not always for the better."

Francis frowned. "You know what? I think you're a hypocrite. You literally just made me promise not to make accusations and look at you, making accusations."

Toris was silent for a moment. Finally, he replied, "It's not an accusation if it's pointing out what's clearly evident."

Francis leaned forward a bit. "You know what I think is odd? It's clearly evident you haven't changed at all. Physically sure; you're taller and slightly less awkward looking, but personality-wise? You're still a total middleschool boy and I think you need to grow up a little."

Toris closed his eyes and ran a hand through his hair. "Well personally I think that's better than being a total stoner. Are you getting yourself help or not?"

Francis shrugged. "Sort of both. There's no way I'm calling a therapist but I'm here talking to you, aren't I? And as for the drugs, I'm out of money anyway. I just hope the withdrawal symptoms aren't as bad as I've been told."

Toris sighed. "Seriously Francis. Why are you here? You don't seem too keen on making friends right now."

"Well maybe I'm not good at making friends. I'm not good at much actually. My only talents are watching others fall in love and trash talking, mon ami. Oh, and I'm not bad at playing girls either. But only the ones that had it coming in the first place. Puts them in line, gets me laid, and gives us both a good time. Win/win situation for everyone."

The Lithuanian stood. "I want you to do something for me."

"Wait a minute. Do something, or do someone? Because if it's someone, I got you covered."

"Something," Toris called over his shoulder. "And I thought you didn't 'believe' in love."

"I don't believe in long lasting love. Sex, that's another story. You fall in love all over again each time, and then the next morning, it's over."

Toris opened his closet, pulling out Felik's camera.

Francis looked confused. "What does this something have to do with a video camera?"

Toris set up the tripod. Stepping back, he said, "I want you to be in a YouTube video. For old times sake. Tell one of the stories you told yesterday. Either one, it doesn't matter."

Francis shook his head. "What? No. The entire point of coming to you was that no one else was supposed to know."

"Letting go of your secrets will help you."

Francis stubbornly refused. "I already let go of them. To you."

Toris didn't say anything right away. Instead, he grabbed his laptop and logged into FabuLiet. The Lithuanian played about the first half of his video before shutting the laptop.

Francis sighed. "You still haven't given up on pink pony boy?"

"No. And I never will either."

Francis scowled. "Fine. I'll record your stupid video. I'll talk about Joan."

Toris let a hint of a smile show. Toris's video had moved even Francis, even if the Frenchman didn't want to admit.

He and Feliks just had the power to do that.

A/N: I'm sorry I said I wouldn't update today but I lied again bc I'm too impatient.

Ahh I can't wait to write the next chapter! I promise this whole conflict with Francis ties into the plot. You'll see.

QOTD: Erm. I can't think of one. Did you enjoy this chapter? There.

AOTD: Well I always enjoy writing :3