Epilogue

So this is pretty much a bonus chapter, but since it happens AFTER the main plot ends I'm counting it as an epilogue.
...

Toris reached for his pocket as he felt his phone vibrate. He picked it up, grinning as he saw who it was from.

Feliks: Hey you

Toris rolled his eyes, still smiling.

Toris: Why are you texting me when you are literally sitting right next to me?

Toris glanced up to a grinning Feliks tapping away at his phone. Half a second later, he got another text.

Feliks: idk
Toris: What does idk mean?

Feliks's grin widened. A mischievous delight shined along the Pole's smirk. Oh God, Toris thought. Not this again.

Toris: Feliks I swear if you say...

He has halfway finished typing when another message popped up on his screen.

Feliks: I don't know
Toris: Stop saying that!
Feliks: WHY WOULD YOU USE AN EXPLANATION POINT WHEN JUST USE CAPS ITS MORE FUN THIS WAY
Toris: I don't know?
Feliks: Idk*
Toris: What?
Toris: Wait. Idk... I don't know...
Toris: I hate you.
Feliks: IT TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH
Toris: I hate you so much.
Feliks: WHY ARE YOU STILL NOT TYPING IN ALL CAPS
Toris: Why would I be typing in all caps?
Feliks: BECAUSE ONCE ONE PERSON TYPES IN CAPS YOU CANT STOP AND THE OTHER PERSON ABSOLUTLY HAS TO TYPE BACK IN CAPS ITS A RULE
Toris: LIKE THIS?
Feliks: YAAAASSSS
Feliks: LIET YOU ARE LEARNING
Toris: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY WE ARE DOING THIS
Feliks: BC IT IS AMAZING ISNT THIS SO GREAT LIKE WE ARE YELLING AT EACH OTHER FOR NO APPARENT REASON
Toris: ONCE AGAIN I DO NOT UNDERSTAND
Feliks: JUST GET WITH THE PROGRAM
Toris: WHAT PROGRAM?
Feliks: I LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT
Toris: I love you too.
Feliks: What why'd you break the chain? It only brought me up
Toris: I'm going to pretend you didn't say that because I don't know what that means either. I was typing lowercase because it's serious and I wanted to show you that.

Feliks dropped his phone, pecking Toris on the cheek. "Liet," he murmured. "You are totally hopeless."

Alfred groaned, clutching his ears. "Could you dudes turn your phones on silent or something? They're buzzing about 50 times a second. I didn't invite you over to my apartment for you to rub in how single I am."

Francis nodded. "Seconded. Minus the single part though because everyone wants to date me."

The other three boys in the apartment shot Francis a knowing look. Francis crossed his arms. "What? Everyone, wants to date me, not just a sexy Brit who deserves to burn in hell. Okay?"

Feliks flickered his eyelids mockingly. "Maybe okay will be our always," he cooed.

Toris didn't really get the reference, but Francis started... Tearing up?

Alfred tilted his head back and laughed that crazy laugh of his. "Are you crying over that stupid movie?"

"It's not stupid! And for your information there is a book too!"

Francis broke off into a long rant in French, and Alfred laughed over his "Chinese". (Apparently that wasn't something Alfred just did when he was drunk).

...

The two rambled on for a few incoherent seconds before Feliks cut them off.

"You guys! I have something like, really super totally important to say."

Francis stopped bickering and Alfred managed to calm his hysterics into a few stifled giggles.

Feliks stood, propping one leg against the couch. "Okay, so like, right now I'm wearing uggs. They're totally fabulous and all, but they're kind of generic. Should I like, ditch them and go for a new pair of fold over combat boots? They look totes cool and I love the hipster look but are they like, too hipster?"

Toris blinked. "I think your uggs are fine," he said slowly after a pause.

Francis glared at Toris. "Don't listen to him," Francis scoffed, shooting a dirty look to the Lithuanian. "Combat boots are in right now. I'd go with the ones with the flannel lining if I were you."

Feliks nodded. "Totally. Note taken."

Francis glanced at Toris. "Pretty much just get whatever he wouldn't want you to get. Toris doesn't know fashion."

"Liet still looks fabulous," Feliks defended, but then nodded. "But yeah. Sorry, Liet. You're not very fashion forward. Even Alfred dresses better than you."

Alfred let out a whoop! "Hell yeah! I dress like a hero! Oh wait, that's because I am one. All those villains can suck my Florida!"

...

Feliks didn't react to Alfred's oh-so-clever euphemism. Instead he, snapped his fingers, an idea lighting in his mind. "Omg! We should like, give Liet a makeover! We'll go shopping and stuff!"

Francis nodded. "Yes!"

Toris frowned. "Do I get a say in this?"

"Nope. You like, totally have to go shopping with us."

Francis's phone chimed. Out of the corner of his eye, Toris saw the contact name.

Sexy Brows 🔥👀👅💦

Francis grinned as he read whatever the text said and breathed out, "Love is the only thing in this world that doesn't change. People, places; time will wear them down until they are nothing more than a quintessence of dust. But love--ah, love--that stays the same. And maybe your feelings toward another person will change, and maybe the person who gets your love will swap, but what your love is is always the same, no matter who it does or doesn't go to."

Francis blinked. Alfred, Toris, and Feliks stared at him blankly. "I don't know what the hell I just said," Francis said, scratching at an eyebrow. "But somehow I feel satisfied now that I said that. Hmm. I should make cheesy monologues more often."

Feliks crossed his arms. "Shopping Francis!" The Frenchman nodded. "Right. We have a mission here."

With that, the Feliks and Francis practically dragged Toris at the door, Alfred trailing behind them.

Toris couldn't stop laughing through his entire "makeover" session. He looked ridiculous in all the feminine clothing Feliks picked for him and awkward in all the trendy clothes Francis made him try on. Even the few clothes Alfred suggested (mostly sporty tops) made Toris look comical.

But at the end of the day Toris wound up buying a few preppy shorts and a collared shirt or two--courtesy of the college savings Toris doubted he'd ever end of using--just to make Feliks happy.

After all, they were partners and crime, and Toris supposed that that must mean that he should strive to dress just as "fabulously" as Feliks.

And to think, he ever thought Feliks as a friend and nothing more. They were truly Partners in every way possible. And Toris was happy. Feliks was happy.

Everybody was happy.

A/N: This is going to be the last chapter on this book for a while! I am going to start on the sequel very soon, so look forward to that! :3

QOTD: Oreos. The cookie or the cream?
AOTD: Cookie af. I still eat the cream first though, but only so I can get the full enjoyment of the plain cookie.