Chapter 25

During the entire show, Toris couldn't stop thinking: where was Feliks?

The munchkins at the beginning were about the same height as the Pole when Toris had last seen him. Could one of them be him?

Or could Feliks be one of the flying monkeys underneath all that makeup? Or maybe one of the citizens of emerald city, or one of the guards?

Surely it was Toris's Feliks on stage, right? How many Feliks Lukasiewicz's were there?

Despite Toris's anxious excitement, the show was absolutely spectacular. Nothing could possibly take away from that.

But once the curtains pulled shut for intermission, Toris leaped out of his seat. "Alfred," he almost yelled, nerves bubbling in his chest.

The American looked over. "Hmm? Oh, we have to leave the theater until after intermission."

"No, no, that's not what I'm trying to tell you." Toris opened the program, pointing to Feliks's name.

Alfred looked confused for a split second, but a moment later the American's mouth made an O. "Feliks? As in-"

"The same Feliks I mentioned in my first video?" Toris interrupted. "Yeah, I think so."

Alfred's eyes grew wide. "Dude," the American said slowly. "How long have you been looking for this guy?"

"Years."

"And I'm the connection between you two now?"

"Uh, I guess."

"Do you know what that means?"

"...no?"

"It means," Alfred was wearing a childish smirk. "That I'M the hero!"

Toris frowned in confusion. "Uh, yeah. Ok. But seriously, what if it is the Feliks I lost? What are we going to do? We can't just watch his performance and forget about him and pretend it never happened!"

Alfred's smile widened, if at all possible. "I know what we can do. But you have to tell me what I am first."

"I have to tell you what you are?"

"Yeah. I'm the...?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. Just help me find Feliks. Please."

"Oh come on. You know what I'm talking about. I'll give you a hint. It starts with a He- and ends in a -ro."

Toris grunted in frustration. "Alfred I don't have time for this."

"Come on. Just say it. You know you want to."

Toris sighed. "I feel like I'm Emil right now."

Alfred raised his eyebrows and bounced in his seat, excitement clear on his expression.

Toris rolled his eyes. "You're the godamn hero."

Alfred pumped his fist. "Damn right I am! Now come into the lobby with me I'll tell you what we'll do."

...

Toris stood outside the doors to the theater, impatient, waiting for the American to reveal his oh-so-genious plan to meet up with Feliks face-to-face.

The American, on the other hand, seemed pretty carefree. He was milking Toris's antsiness for all it was worth, walking painfully slow out of the theater, and rocking on his heels and humming the U.S national anthem once they made it to the lobby.

Toris cleared his throat. "What can I do to see Feliks again, 'Mr. Hero?'"

"Oh," Alfred waved a hand dismissively. "That. It's pretty simple. I thought you'd have figured it out already. All you have to do is wait outside the stage door for like an hour after the show ends."

Toris blinked. "Will you wait with me?"

"Sure thing dude."

**time skips brought to you by by America's high calorie hormone enriched hamburgers. Yum**

"Feliks?"

Toris yelled that at basically every single blond actor that walked out of the back door for the next hour and a half. The Lithuanian felt discouraged. According to Alfred, not every actor exited through the back door; only the ones who wanted to give autographs and meet their fans.

With every growing second Toris felt his throat his tighten a little more, his heart pound a little harder. What if Feliks didn't show? What if Toris had gotten so close to Feliks, only to have him torn away again? The Lithuanian didn't know if he could handle that.

Fifteen more minutes went by. Twenty.

"Feliks?"

No response.

Thirty minutes.

"Feliks?"

A blond head turned. Toris held his breath. Starting green eyes locked with his own.

"That's like, my name."

"Feliks!"

The Pole stared for a second. A wave of recognition crossed his face almost immediately. "Liet?"

Toris's heart pounded. His vision grew fuzzy. He'd waited for this moment for so long. But wait... What if Feliks didn't want to see Toris? What if the Pole got a new number just to escape Toris? What if-

Before he knew what he was doing, Toris's spindly arms were wrapped around Feliks. The Pole accepted the embrace a bit reluctantly. "Liet, how...?"

Toris didn't care about the small crowd of people that had gathered to meet the actors. He didn't care what they thought. He silenced Feliks by kissing him on the lips, surprising both the Pole and himself. Toris didn't know he could be so brusque.

The kiss was perfect. A symbol of loss and of love. The stares of the crowd were drowned out by the pure bliss of Feliks's warmth. It was a dream, something too good to be true. Maybe the universe decided to be kind. Maybe miracles did exist.

When they pulled away, Feliks stared. For once he was the one at a loss for words, not Toris.

The Lithuanian couldn't help but admire the way Feliks had changed physically. He was still short, but quite a few inches taller than the middleschool Feliks Toris had come to know. Feliks had grown into his once too-long limbs. But he still had that same goofy look on his face and the same sparkling green eyes.

Feliks seemed to regain his bearing. "Liet, I totally don't know what to say."

Toris shot the Pole a smile. "That's a first," he teased.

"I like, missed you, Liet Laurinaitis."

"I missed you, too Partner in Crime."

"We're still partners in crime?"

"Once a partner in crime, always a partner in crime."

A/N: So sorry for the crappy chapter! I promise the next one will be better. Lots of dialogue with the one, the only Queen-A because Queen-B is too low class...

QOTD: be honest... How many of you are reading this instead of doing your homework, chores, cleaning your room (I'm looking at you Levi), sleeping, etc.?

AOTD: I should be sleeping right now because tomorrow is the first day of school but pfft. Sleep is for the weak. Writing fanfictions about two gay landmasses is for the MIGHTY!