Chapter 24

If there was one thing that Francis was right about, it was that producing funny content was good for the YouTube channel.

For the next few months, Francis starred in videos with titles like 'how I got fired from a condom factory', 'why I was banned from Disney World', etc.

Toris starred in videos including 'the time when I peed in a fountain', 'the time when I mistook a tampon for an oddly shaped marshmallow', etc.

Those videos got attention, but by far the most popular videos the two made were scripted videos with both teens in it. Videos such as 'why it's not okay to eat a banana while making eye contact', 'that awkward moment when you clog your friend's toilet', and 'the art of flipping someone off (appearance by special guest star: Lovino)', were by far the most successful.

...

Before producing the new content, the channel, while getting lots of attention on the videos themselves, had barely a dozen subscribers. By the end of the school year, it had almost five hundred. Quite an impressive feat.

By the end of junior year, Toris still had no idea what he was doing with his life. He hadn't thought of any colleges to apply to, or any jobs that seemed interesting. After much debating, Toris's parents agreed that the Lithuanian should take a gap year after graduating from senior year.

Francis on the other hand, despite his concerns, did make it into a community college (early admission even), so at least four years after his senior year were planned out.

The current Summer proved to be a bore to Toris. Originally the Lithuanian had planned on getting on a summer job, but by the time he put together a résumé, most jobs were either already taken, or so competitive Toris didn't have a chance at scoring one. Instead, the Lithuanian settled for full-time video shooting and editing, and of course, dreaded summer work.

...

As Toris was scrolling through FabuLiet, he noticed he had a DM notification. Toris opened it.

Heroburgers:
Hey dudes this is HeroBurgers/Alfred Jones! I don't know if you remember me, but I used to go to your Middleschool. I live in New York City now. I'm also a YouTuber, and I was wondering if at least one of the two of you could go down to New York City to do some collabs with me. You could stay in my apartment, and I'd pay for airfare and everything. Please let me know ASAP!

Toris, after googling what asap stood for, texted Francis about the offer. The Frenchman responded in less than a minute.

I'm going.

When Toris asked his parents, they agreed that he could go as well.

**Time skips brought to you by... PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA**

"Over here!" It was hard to miss the American. Alfred was jumping up and down, waving his arms above his head. Everyone in baggage claim, if not the entire airport was looking at him like he was an idiot.

...

Alfred picked Francis and Toris up at the airport and drove them to his apartment. It was small, but still larger than Toris expected. The place was a mess though; the bed wasn't made, a bag a potato chips was spilled across the kitchen counter, dirty clothes littered the ground.

The American looked around his place, a bit embarrassed. "Sorry guys, I forgot to clean up before you came. I only have one bed, but it's a queen so I thought the two of you could share it while I sleep on the couch."

Toris nodded. "It's fine. The sleeping arrangements should work."

Francis had already starfished onto Alfred's bed, clearly intent on making himself at home.