~-•Sleeping•-~

This is an amazing chapter in my opinion also the tree house doesn't have a ladder

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and decided I wanted to make a garden, I grabbed some seeds Graecie had given me when I came in the elevator and got to gardening, It was coming along quite well and I planted the seeds and watered them, I went back up to my tree house and started playing with the lighter.

I heard someone calling out my name, I didn't know what to do so I just kept gardening, I heard whoever was calling out my name get closer but I ignored it and kept doing what I was doing.

“Whatcha doing?” i heard someone say as I yelped and turned around to see origami leaning on a tree, "Oh I'm just gardening" I said, They tilted their head. “Gardening?..” they asked, "Yea, um planting seeds to grow into vegetables" i replied, They nodded, "um, would you like some apple pie?" I asked them, “Sure.” they said.

I went up to my tree house and motioned for them to follow me, I saw then struggle a bit but managed to climb up, they looked around as I grabbed apple pie and gave it to them, "here", “What kind of bird is this from?” I looked at them and saw they had one of my feathers, "oh-i- i dont know" i replied nervously, They continued to study it, "hey why don't you eat your apple pie!" I said trying to distract them.

“Yeah, yeah. Gimme a second.” they said “This is a parrots feather. I didn’t know they could get this big.” they said out loud, "they can't" i whispered, hoping they didn't hear me, They shoved the feather into their pocket. “What’s in the Apple Pie?” they asked, "there are apples in apple pie" i replied as I sat in my nest, “Okay.” they Said and grabbed the apple pie, sitting down near me.

“Anything else?” they asked, "well there is also caramel and sugar" i said laying down in the nest, “Hm, it’s really sweet.” they said, "yea, like I said there is caramel and sugar in it so that it's sweet" I explained, "soo, do you wanna do something or ask questions?" I asked, “Sure, how about questions.” they replied replied, laying down in my nest, "ok, what's your question?" I ask them.

“Hmm.” they said, closing their eyes before continuing. “What’s your favorite type of bird?” they  asked, "Parrots are my favorite bird" i replied, “What’s… your question..?” they asked, looking quite sleepy, "umm, do you like parrots?" I asked, “Mm.. yeah..” they said.

They fell asleep, oh.

In my nest as well.

I can't move them because they are most likely heavier than me since they're older, I just moved a bit and fell asleep as well.

                     (T I M E S K I P)

I woke up to see my wings out, I panicked when I saw that Origami wasn't in the nest. Oh God, did they see my wings? I got up and climbed down the tree house to see origami doing something to a bush, I hid my wings, "hi." I greeted quietly.

They nodded their head at me, "um, is something wrong?" I ask, “I’ve gotta go, I was suppose to be at Graecies a couple of hours ago.” they said quickly walking away, "oh... ok..." I said quietly.

I went back to gardening, it was quite boring. Ugh, this is boring, oh wait, I have to preen my wings, I started preening my wings, though there were some spots I couldn't reach.

"ugh, why can't I reach!" I said to myself as I tried to reach a spot in my wings so I could preen it, “Cause you got short arms!” I heard origami say, "no I don't!" I replied back, not daring to shout.

I saw origami's head pop up, I panicked, "oh-uh-o-origami" I chuckled nervously, “I was wondering why you loved parrots.” they said with a laugh. "Oh.." I replied, still trying to reach a spot on my wing, “I would ask if you needed help but I have no idea what you’re doing.” they said, "I'm preening my wings" I said still trying to reach the spot, It was just one loose feather, but it was still annoying!

“What does that mean?” Origami asked, "preening means getting dirt, dust, loose and loose feathers off of my wings, and fixing misplaced feathers" I explained, Damn! Why is this so hard to fix one feather!

“Do you want help?” they asked, "yes please" I replied, “What do I need to do?” they asked, "all I need you to do is fix that misplaced feather there" i said, pointing towards the misplaced feather. They managed to fix the misplaced feather, "oh, thank you! I would've been here for hours trying to fix that feather!" I thanked them.

“Uhm. You’re welcome.” they said, I tilted my head, "did you need something?" I asked, not understanding why they were here, “You seem like a Parrot person, I wanted to ask about what kind of parrots are out there?” they said, "oh, I can tell you some, I only remember a few" I replied, "There is the hyacinth macaw, the grey parrot, Kākāpō, cockatoos, cockatiels, Kea, Nestor meridionalis, and thats all i can remember" i said.

“A grey parrot is the parrot with red tail feathers, grey body and white face right?” they asked, "yea, i think" I responded. I got up and went to get my lighter.

I grabbed it and faced away from origami and turned it on, I put my hand over it, it always felt nice, I didn't know why. “Willow what are you doing.” they asked, "uh-nothing?" I said turning the lighter off and facing them while putting my hands behind my back, “Oh. I smelt smoke. I didn’t know if you were doing something.” they said wincing, "are you ok?" I asked a bit worried.

“Eh. I’m fine, just got poked by a stick.” they said, rubbing their hand, "oh ok" I replied putting the lighter back and sitting in my nest, I put the hand that I put over the lighter behind my back.

They tried to stretch their legs but hissed in pain, "are you alright?" I asked again, “Yeah. I’m fine.” they said and looked around. “I- um. I’m gonna take a walk.”, before I could reply they left, "oh...k."

I got up and started making myself some soup, after I was done I blew on it and ate it. It burnt my tongue but that was fine. After I ate i got up and grabbed the lighter, turning it on, I put my hand on it, i didn't do it because i was sad or anything, it just felt nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oop, my phone is about to die!

Words: 1153