chapter 3

Word count - 1562 words

Sunday 31st October 2006- 17:44 pm

Its Halloween, and me and Jamie are showing each other our costumes to which we will be wearing to the Halloween party later. Jamie, Matt, Nick, Alex and I are all going. Nick has offered to drive us there. 

My friend Katie, who is also Jamie's girlfriend, is going too. However, she's taking her own car there.

I love Katie, she's been my best friend since primary school, but ever since she started dating my brother, every time I try to tell her how annoying Jamie is, she always disagrees due to Jamie being her boyfriend. It's a bit of a downside yet Katie is and will always be my best friend.

I check my costume over as I look at myself in my mirror. My room is quite small, with white walls, a grey carpet and teal curtains and lampshade. I don't really have the space for a tall, freestanding mirror so I compromised and got one of those wardrobes which one of the doors has a big mirror on it.

I'm dressed as Ghostface. I readjust my mask a little, pull my black dress down. The dress goes really well with the mask, the fishnet tights that I'm wearing and my black converse.

I didn't really need to adjust anything, yet I did it anyway. I've always been conscious of the way I presented myself, I just think that if I'm presented well, then people would like me more. I don't know if that actually works but I do it anyway.

After making sure I look presentable, I tip-toe into Jamie's room. He's putting his jacket on.

I sneak right up to him and shout "Boo!" This results in me laughing at the high-pitched, girlie scream that he lets out.

"Oh my god, you scream like a girl" I say, mid laughter.

"Well at least, I ain't going round and scaring people." he begins to laugh too.

"Honestly, you should've seen the look on your face.  Absolutely priceless.

"Right, should we go show Mum and Dad our costumes?" He was dressed as a vampire and he had fake blood, which had dripped from his mouth and onto his chest, showing that he had bitten somebody.

I push him into the living room, so I didn't have to show my costume first. After a few seconds, i enter the living room where mum is sat with her cup of tea, next to dad, who also has a cup of tea.

"Aww you look lovely." She turns to my dad, "Don't they both look lovely?

"yeah" Dad replies even though I though though Mum was asking a rhetorical question.  

Mum takes a photo of us both. I just know that's going on Facebook or something.

Shortly after, a car horn beeps outside, it's nick, waiting for us. I put on a black leather jacket and walk out to nicks car with Jamie next to me.

"Have a nice time" Mum yells from the doorway as she wraps her dressing gown tighter around herself.

Nicks in the drivers seat, matt in the passenger seat and Alex is in the back right. 

Just as I'm about to get in, Nick asks "Jules do you mind sitting in the middle, you're the smallest. It's easier that way. As long as that's alright with you.

"yeah sure" I sit myself between Alex and my brother, then do up my seatbelt.

 I take note of everyone's costumes.

Nick's dressed as a pirate. His long-ish hair suits his costume well. Matt's dressed as Michael Myers and Alex is dressed as a skeleton, like he said he would. I guess he is a man of his word.