Chapter 11

Word count: 768 words

TW, MENTION OF SELF HARM. BE CAREFUL INCASE IT TRIGGERS YOU X

Wednesday 1st December 2006, 5:05 pm

Alex's POV

Julietta stares at me in disbelief. I can tell by the look on her face that she's definitely asking herself "How did he see me?"

She doesn't say anything, instead she looks out of my bedroom window to see that her curtains are wide open, so you can see in through the tall window and into her room.  The window is a large, floor to ceiling window, so anyone can see in or out. To be perfectly honest, I thinks she needs to get some net curtains or something like that so that she can see out but people can't see in. That way, things like this won't happen.

"No you can't have" she responds, after a few minutes.

"Julietta, I saw what you did, okay?" I look at her as tears threaten to fall from her eyes, but she tries her level best to hide this by rubbing her eyes. It doesn't really work as the tears gently slide down her cheeks in perfect little droplets. 

"I'm sorry" is all she says. 

"I'm not mad. Nobody is mad darling"

"You told other people?" she says, panicked. I could've worded my sentence better; it does sound like I told other people.

"No. No, I haven't." 

I reach for my phone and Julietta nudges my hand

"Don't tell anyone. Please" She says, in a desperate voice. As much as I should tell someone, she should be the one to tell people not me.

We sit in silence for a few minutes. Never had I one thought that silence could be so loud. Thankfully, this silence was broken by Miles coming back from the toilet. He bursts into my room and sits back down on the bed. 

"I-I think I'm going to go back home" Jules says and wipes her teary eyes.

"Oh okay, be safe darling."

"I live across the street" She laughs a little

"Still be safe though" I laugh a little too. Before she leaves my room, I say "Sweetheart, your shoelaces are undone"

"For fuck sake, I swear to god, they are always undone." She kneels down to do up her shoelaces. Once they are done, she makes her way to my front door with me and miles following her, leaving and shutting the door behind her. I wave at her from the living room window as she enters her house, she doesn't see me, but that doesn't matter I guess.

"Why were her eyes red?" Miles asks, he's sat himself on the sette as I look out the window.

"I made her laugh, she started crying with laughter. She does that sometimes." I lie and pull away from the window.

"Oh what was funny?"

"I can't remember" I lie again.

Later that night, around 12: 23 am, I'm laying on an air mattress, whilst Miles sleeps in my bed. He was sleeping over for a few days, then going back home. 

I grab my phone, after checking that Miles was asleep -which he was-, and look at the texts that Julietta had sent me. 

Julietta
Dont tell anyone
Please
You'd tell me if anyone else knew right

God, she seems so worried about someone finding out. I can understand why though. 

I respond to the texts with 

you
Dont worry love
I havent told anyone

Julietta
are you sure

You
Yes
Im sure i havent told anyone

A few minutes later, I bring up the question that was too awkward to bring up earlier.

You
Where abouts did you cut
you dont have to answer if you dont want to

Of course, I already know the answer, I saw her cutting her thighs but I just want to be doubly sure if you know what I mean.

She doesn't answer the text.

I put my phone down on the floor next to me and try to get some sleep yet all I can think about is why Jules is doing this to herself? I mean, like I get she's quite a quiet girl but I honestly thought she wouldn't be someone who cuts themselves. I suppose that nobody expects anyone to cut themselves, yet they do. 

I don't think Jules' cuts are that bad, I only saw her make like 6 or 7 cuts. I don't really know if that's bad, having not done it myself. But one things for sure, if I see it getting bad, I'm going to tell Jamie.

SORRY ITS A BIT OF A SHORT ONE, I'LL TRY TO POST ANOTHER CHAPTER SOMEPOINT THIS WEEK BUT I WILL DEFINATLEY TRY TO PUBLISH A NEW CHAPTER EVERY MONDAY AND TUESDAY. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING THEN MY DMS ARE OPEN. HAVE A GOOD DAY/ NIGHT XX