Chapter 19

Word count:1560 words

TW, MENTION OF SELF HARM AND THERAPY. BE CAREFUL INCASE IT TRIGGERS YOU XX

Monday 5th January, 2007. 9:36 am

Julietta's POV

It's my first therapy session today. I'm petrified. Why the fuck does mum think that because I didn't tell her, I'll want to tell a stranger about my self harm. 

Tried my level best to beg mum not to go, that didn't work. Pretended to be ill, didn't work. I even hid in my wardrobe for 10 minutes hoping that mum would forget yet she didn't. When I refused to move from my wardrobe, she called for Jamie. Her literal words were "If you don't come out of the wardrobe right now, I'll get your brother to drag you out". I don't ever think my mum has that harsh. I probably deserved it though.

Knowing that my behaviour was childish, I still refused to move and Jamie had to drag me from out the wardrobe whilst I tried to kick at him. That probably wasn't my proudest moment but we will all go to outrageous lengths to skip what we really don't want to do. Well who knows if that counts for everyone but it certainly counts for me.

I'm now sat in the back of my mums car, next to Jamie whilst my mum is driving. I considered undoing my seatbelt and getting out the car then running as far as possible from my mum and Jamie but we started moving before I had the chance to do that and I didn't fancy getting out of a moving vehicle.

"You alright Jules,  you look worried" my mum pipes up. Yeah funny that mum. I'm scared shitless because you're forcing me to talk to a stranger about my problems but aside from that yeah I'm happy as Larry. 

Seriously. I wonder what goes through her head. 

Several minutes later, we pull up outside an ominous grey building. Jamie and mum open their doors and get out the car. I stay sat where I am.

I'm not going. I refuse. I'm not budging. Nothing can make me.

"Julietta get out the car" mum asks, frustrated. I don't move.

"Jules just get out the car" I still don't move.

Jamie opens my car door, annoyed, grabs my arm and pulls me out.  He then lets go of me and I bolt for the other side of the carpark. Before I even get two meters away from my family, two hands grab my arm and yank me backwards. It was Jamie.

I walk/get dragged to the entrance of the grey building. It smells funny. It smells clean. Too clean. I hate it already.

Mum goes to talk to the lady at the front desk whilst Jamie takes me what I'm guessing if the waiting area.

"Take a deep breath Jules" He instructed me and I follow said instructions. I bounce my leg and accidentally hit it on the table in front of us.

It's a small table. It's barely big enough to hold the pile of ten or so magazines which rest upon it.

 I take a look at an NME magazine as it said on the front cover that there was "An exclusive interview with the arctic monkeys inside on page 4". I flick to page four and begin reading. 

There's a picture of the band and to which I then show it to Jamie and say "That's a mugshot of you".

"Shut up" he replies.

 Taking a look at the magazines on the table helped a little. It's taken my mind off of the fact that my mum is forcing me to be here.

The leather chairs in which we are sat on are a horrible colour: they're a sort of sand colour which doesn't go well with the dusty lilac walls.