Chapter 17

Word count: 797 words.

I KNOW I MENTION THERAPY IN THIS CHAPTER, SORRY IF I GOT ANYTHING WRONG ABOUT IT XX
Wednesday 31th December 2006, 6:06pm

Julietta's POV

I've been trying to avoid my parents for the past couple days. I know that I should talk to them so they know what's going on but I just can't. I've been trying to keep this to myself yet now that people know about it, I want to hide it more. 

Another reason as to why I don't want to talk to my parents is that I heard my mum talking to Jamie about therapy or counselling or a group session, whatever its called.  I mean, realistically, I didn't want to tell anyone in the first place, what makes you think I want to talk to a stranger about my problems.

It's new years eve. My family and Alex's family are having a new years eve party. Both our families like to party.

Jamie knocks on my bedroom door.

"What" I sigh.

"Nothing. Just seeing if you're okay that's all."

He stays where he is, leaning against my door frame, halfway blocking the door.

"Did mum send you to spy on me or something? She could just come up here herself you know."

"She's worried Jules. You haven't properly said anything to her about it." he wanders into my room, plonking down on my bed next to the outfit I'd laid out.
"She's trying to get you some counselling or therapy, I'm not sure what one. Maybe its a good idea to talk to her about it." he adds.

"I don't fucking want therapy. I'm fine" I protest but begin to cry a little. 
"I'm sorry" I wipe my teary eyes.

"I know you don't Jules. But it'll help you get better. You do want to get better yeah?" I rest rest my head on his shoulder as he gives me a reassuring hug.
"It'll be alright. Your first session isn't until January 7th so..." He doesn't finish his sentence.

"Tell mum that I don't want it. Therapy. I-I don't want therapy"

"I know you don't, but please just try one session, then if you really hate it, then you don't have to go."

I keep looking at the floor.

"Will it make it better if I came with you?"

"A little bit" He hands me a tissue and I wipe the tears away.

"Okay. I'll come with you. Right, you should probably get ready, party starts in an hour" and with this, Jamie leaves my room.

I look at the outfit I laid out on my bed: a black skirt, fishnets, a black top and a cheetah print coat. To be perfectly honest, I think it looks alright. 

I get changed, then sit at my white vanity to do my makeup. I look out the window. I see Alex in his room, he's reading I think.

I grab my phone and text him

You
Hey
what you reading??

Alex
A book

You
Yeah I know that dickhead
what book

Alex
The road by Cormac McCarthy

You
oh that's a bleak book

Alex
You've read it?

You
No
yea
sort of
I've read parts of the book

Alex
Oh
you excited for the party

You
yeah
we are coming round in like 10 minutes

Alex
alright see you in a bit x

I finish doing my makeup as well as my hair and I then put on my cheetah print coat.

I walk downstairs to see Jamie, Mum and dad are sat in the living room
"You look nice" dad says as mum stares at me.

"Lets go" Jamie abruptly says. All together, we walk out of the house, across the street to be greeted by Penny

"You all alright" She says as her usually cheery self. I love how she's so happy all the time. She always sees the bright side of things. I think she's just one of life's happy people.

Alex peeks out from behind his mum and says hello to Jamie and I.

After a few hour of chatting, laughing and drinking wine, Katie gets here.

"Hey" She excitedly hugs me.

"You want some wine?"

"Is that even a question?" she laughs and grabs herself a wine glass.

"So your parents found out then. About your umm... self harm."

"yeah" I swirl the wine around my glass. I think she realised that this wasn't really a subject that I wanted to talk about.

"Sorry" she mumbles and wanders off to Jamie.

Alex  is sat on the arm of his living room sofa, drinking his wine.

"You alright darlin'"

"Mhmm"

"You sure, you look a bit bored" He looks up from his glass.

" Yeah I'm a bit bored" I chuckle.

"Do you want to go upstairs, you can practise that little guitar bit that you made the other day. I thought it was good. I'll help you to progress it a bit if you want."

"Yeah okay" I smile and walk upstairs to Alex's room.

BIT OF A SHIT CHAPTER BUT OH WELL. HOPEFULLY THE NEXT CHAPTER IS BETTER.
 IF YOU NEED TO VENT AB ANYTHING, IM HERE. HAVE A GOOD DAY/ NIGHT XX