Chapter 13

Word count: 1189 words

Wednesday 24th December 2006, 7:15pm

SLIGHT TW FOR THIS CHAPTER, IT HAS MENTIONS OF SELF HARM

Julietta's POV

It's Christmas eve, Katie is sat on my bed with me, whilst Alex is sat on the sofa downstairs with Jamie. Both Katie and Alex are staying over tonight.

"What do you want to do?" Katie asks. I'm not sure if anyone else finds thing, but my friends and I can never think of anything to do at sleepovers. 

"We can go and see what Jamie and Alex are doing?"

"Yeah go on then." With this, the pair of us get up from my bed and wander downstairs to the living room to see Jamie sat, talking with Alex.

"why are you having a mothers meeting?" Katie asks as she sits herself next to Jamie, resting her hand on his leg and he starts rubbing small circles on the back of her hand. To be honest, sometimes I forget that they're dating. It's just a bit weird to see my best friend and my twin brother being all lovey dovey together. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they're both happy, but the fact that they're together often comes back to me and slaps me straight in the face. 

"No" Jamie and Alex laugh. I sit myself next to Alex, pulling my pyjama top over my stomach a little as I do so. I feel like after Alex saw my self harm cuts, he's been scrutinizing my every move. Watching me like a hawk.

"We're bored" I announce.

"We figured" Jamie says. 

"You all alright?" Mum peeps her head around the door. "Are you all sleeping down her, in the living room?" 

"Yeah probably mum" I say.

"Okay. Well shout if you need anything." She leaves the room.

"What can we do?" Katie asks, resting her head on Jamie's shoulder.

"If you to would like us to leave so you can do your little tango, just tell us" Alex says, referring to how they're both being really cutesy together.

"No it's fine. I'll go get popcorn, we can put a film on or something" Jamie replies, half chuckling at Alex's remark. 

"I'll come with you" Katie says and wanders to the kitchen with Jamie, leaving me and Alex in the room together, alone.

There is a heavy silence until I break it by saying "I know you're thinking about my cuts. A-and I promise its fine."

"Is it though, Julietta?"

"Yeah" I hesitantly say.

"I'm not going to speak about it much more, okay? But promise me that if you have any more thoughts of doing that to yourself, you'll tell me? yeah love?"

"Tell you what?" Jamie says, walking back in with a bowl of popcorn in his hand. Katie follows him, also carrying popcorn.

"Nothing" Alex and I say in unison.

"So, what film we watching?" Alex asks

"The holiday!" Katie says excitedly. "Please" She adds.

"We all up for watching that?" Jamie asks and Katie, Alex and I all say "Yeah".

We start the film at around 8:45pm and it finishes at 10:15. We then followed it up by watching Love actually which is, personally, one of my favourite Christmas movies. That movies finished at quarter to one in the morning, both Jamie and Katie had fallen asleep hugging each other. It was rather sweet actually.

I get up and turn off the DVD player, check my phone and then look around the room. I see Alex sat on the king-sized air mattress, which is on the floor. 

"You look a bit squashed up there" He laughs and to be honest, he's right. Its Jamie, Katie and I all sat on a 2 seater sofa, even though there's three of us. It was okay whilst we were watching the movies, but now that they have both fallen asleep, they're spread out a bit more and there isn't really any room for me. 

"Want to come down here?" Alex follows up

"Yeah" I pull the duvet I was wrapped up in with me to the air mattress.

Alex laughs. "You're a bit eager to sit next to me"

"Shut up!" I playfully slap his arm, making him laugh more.

"I'm only joking love. So you excited for the party tomorrow night"

"To be perfectly honest, I had completely forgotten about the party until you mentioned it. But yeah, I'm excited.  I don't know what I'm going to wear though."

It goes silent again. deciding what to wear is a foreign concept to boys. They just wear whatever they can find. I suppose that's why they never really like talking about what to wear. Even though they don't want to admit it, the entirety of the male species always make sure their hair looks good. It is the only part of their appearance that they make sure looks amazing.

"I'm sure you're going to look fine"

It falls to an awkward silence once again.

"So umm have you told Jamie about your self harming" I go a little red when he says 'self harming', almost as if it is embarrassing to talk about which, to be honest, it kind of is.

"No" I murmur in reply. "Please promise me you won't tell a soul. Alex please"

"Fine, darlin', I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to." 

After another few minutes of silence he asks "What is it, about your cuts, that means you don't want to tell anyone?"

"Oh umm I don't know" I mumble "Can we please talk about something else?"

"Of course love. What do you want to talk about?" 

"Your songs for the new album" I gasp 

"Okay. Well what would you like to know?" he chuckles.

"When can I hear them?"

"Maybe tomorrow, Love. At the party"

"That's what Jamie said"

"Well that's more of a reason as to why you should listen to them tomorrow and go to sleep now. You look very tired, Jules" He begins to tuck the duvet around me as he says this. 

"But I'm not tired" I whine like a little child

"Well I am so I'm going to bed and I suggest you do to unless you want to keep hanging on from the rings around your eyes." I swear this man could be a poet sometimes. Like, 90% of what he says are metaphors.

"Fine" I grumble

I lay down on the air mattress, hugging the duvet close to me. I lay facing the opposite way to Alex. 

After a few minutes, I make the obvious observation that Alex has fallen asleep as he is snoring really rather loudly. 

I'm about to drift to sleep myself, when Alex mumbles in his sleep "Good night Jules"

"Good night Alex" I mumble back and roll over to face him.

IF ANY OF YOU ARE STRUGGLING WITH SELF HARM OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, FEEL FREE TO DM ME. I CANT PROMISE I WILL BE THE BEST HELP BUT I'VE BEEN THERE (SORT OF) AND I WILL HAPPILY LISTEN TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY  
HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT XX