chapter 10

Word count: 956 words

TW, BRIEF MENTION OF SELF HARM. BE CAREFUL INCASE IT TRIGGERS YOU X

Wednesday 1st December 2006, 4:09 pm

Julietta's POV

I sit staring at the freshly made cuts. God. As much as I hate to admit it, its felt good to cut again.

As I go to cut again, Mum knocks on my bedroom door, making me jump and I instantly pull my jeans up so they cover the cuts. This action makes the cuts burn more. I hate the burning feeling but it also comforts me in a way, which is harder to explain than you might think it is.

"One sec" I shout in response to Mum's knock. I quickly get up and shove the razor into the drawer, where it was hiding before I added the new cuts. "Come in"

Mum walks in wearing her dressing gown, like usual. She always says it's cold, I mean to be fair it is December in Sheffield. Its not really going to be warm, is it?

"You okay? You look tired"

"I'm fine. What did you need"

"Oh, I just wanted to know what you wanted for dinner, Hun?" She asks.

"Umm. Can I have meatballs and pasta please" It would be an understatement to say I like meatballs and pasts. Its my favourite food to be honest. It's something that I've liked since I was a very small child. It's always been there if you know what I mean. It's a comfort food for me. 

"Okay" Mum leaves my room and I let out a sigh as if I'd been holding my breath the whole time.

God. What if Mum saw the cuts? She's probably going to tell Dad, and then Jamie will find out because he finds out everything, then Jamie will tell Alex and the rest of his friends. He'll probably tell Katie too.  I can't bear to imagine what people will think of me if they ever found this out.

I get up from sitting on my bed and look out my bedroom window. I have a nice-ish view from my bedroom window.  All I can see is the houses opposite but if I look further than that, I can see the road in which Katie lives on. All of my friends live quite near me, all within walking distance which is nice I guess.

As I look out over the view, my attention is casted to someone looking out of the window of the house opposite. It's Alex's house. He's the one staring out of the window. We make eye contact and in a panic, he disappears from the window. He knows that I've seen him, lets just hope he didn't see me cutting myself.

Alex's POV

Fuck. She saw me. What do I do?

"she see you mate?" Miles asked.

"yep" 

All I wanted to do was see what she was doing and see if she wanted to come over. I didn't expect to see her doing that. I mean. She usually seems fine but I suppose that she's always quiet, she never really tells anyone anything aside from Katie and Jamie.

But what do I do know though? She's seen me and I've seen her. 

I can't just leave her, that's rude and she'll think I'm rude but will she want me to ask her about it? I don't know. Probably not right? I'm not telling Jamie though, not until I've talked about it with her first, which I don't even know when or if that's going to happen.

"So? What's she doing?" Miles asks.

"Reading" I lie. With this, Miles snatches my phone from off of my bedside table, where it was charging. I forgot that he knows my password. He begins texting someone, who I'm guessing is Julietta

"Okay. This sound alright?" he shows me what he's written. It reads:

You
Hey Jules
Want to come over?

"Yea that's fine I guess"  I mumble the 'I guess' part, now I'm not really sure about her coming over.

Miles sends the text and a few minutes later, Julietta is sat on my bed, looking at Miles and I.

"So, there any reason that you wanted me to come round" She asks.

"Umm, you looked bored. S-sorry for looking at you through the window. I d-didn't mean to"

"It's alright Alex, its fine." 

My mum suddenly comes into my bedroom and looks at the three of us, I don't think she expected Julietta to come over.

"Jules, sweetpea, I didn't know you were coming over?"

"Sorry, Alex invited me, I hope I'm not intruding" She's so nice I swear to god.

"No worries, it's a pleasure to have you over." My mum then addresses us all by saying "Let me know if any of you need anything" 

"We will, thanks penny" Julietta says

My mum then places a pack of biscuits down on my bedside table and then leaves the room.

After half an our of chatting, Miles stands up and says "I'm going for a piss, be back in a minute" I swear that he literally has no filter.

 With this, Miles leaves the room. I look at Julietta, who is fiddling with the material on her jeans.

"You okay, Love?"

"Yep" She carries on with what she's doing. She's pinching at the skin on her thighs now. 

I place my hand on top her hand "Stop Darling, please."

"Sorry" she mumbles.

"Look Love, I'm just going to come out and say it. I saw what you did."

"What do you mean?" I see right through her little act of playing dumb. She knows that I saw what she was doing and now she's trying to deny it.

"Don't play dumb sweetheart, I saw you cutting yourself."

HIII, SORRY IT'S A BIT OF A SHORTER CHAPTER BUT I HAVE MORE THINGS PLANNED FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF CHAPTERS. IF ANYONE WANTS TO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING THEN MY DMS ARE ALWAYS OPEN. HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT XX