Chapter 22

word count: 730 words

Tuesday 13th January 2007, 15: 35pm

Julietta's POV

I stand on Alex's front doorstep. I don't know what I'm doing and I feel cringey for doing this. All I'm doing is telling a boy that I love him. Its not that big of a deal? Oh but yes it is. I feel so awkward just standing here like a lemon.

What do I even say to him?  I feel like such a fool.

Before I even consider turning around and going back home, Alex's dad answers the door.

"Oh Julietta, you okay love?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Is Alex in? I really need to talk to him" I say nervously.

"He's just in his room love. Go on up darling"

I head upstairs straight to Alex's room. He's laying in his bed with the duvet over his head. I gently knock on the open door.

"Alex?" he just lets out a groan so I call his name again. This time, he sits up and looks at me. His eyes are red; its obvious he's been crying. I rush to him and sit on his bed. 

"Alex, what's wrong?" He sniffs and begins to speak.

"I'm sorry, I don't know even wrote the letter. I texted Miles, asking what to do and he said to write a love letter, so I stupidly did what he said and I feel horrible for giving the letter to you. You probably don't want to go out with me and that's fine if you don't a-"

"Alex, I want to go out with you" He stops his ramble and stares at me with a shocked expression.

"What?"

"Alex, I want to go out with you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure Al." He instantly hugs me tightly and I think he begins to cry. "Shhhh, Al its okay" I chuckle and gently play with his hair.

"I don't know why I'm crying"

"Alex its okay" he chuckles and hugs me tighter, pushing me into his bed. He pulls the duvet over the both of us.

"So, you're my girlfriend now" he says the statement as if its a question. 

"Yes, I'm your girlfriend now" I smile and play with the t-shirt that he's wearing. Funnily enough, its an arctic monkeys t-shirt, from their first tour.

"Are we gonna tell people? No one has to know just yet if you're not comfortable. I don't mind telling people, whatever you wanna do."

"I don't mind telling people"

"Okay" he sighs, "Who should we tell first? Jamie? I mean, he literally banned you from looking at me"

"Wait how'd you know that" Neither Jamie or I spoke to Alex for the whole of last week so how'd he find that out.

"Jamie texted Matt saying that he doesn't 'want Julietta speaking to Alex' so naturally, Matt texted me" Alex laughs.

"Okay, we can tell Jamie first. Do you want to do it now?" I say, grabbing my phone and getting ready to text Jamie.

"Yeah okay" he smiles.

I text his this:

You 
Jamieee
can you come to alex's house
i need to tell you something

big cookie
no
i dont wanna talk to him

Jamie's POV

I don't have a clue why Jules wants me to go to Alex's house. Why on earth would I want to talk to him when I caught his kissing my twin sister.

She texts me again.

Little cookie
Jamieee
can you come to alex's house
i need to tell you something

You
no
i dont wanna talk to him

Little cookie
pleaseeee
i neeeeeeeeeeed to tell you something

You
Ugh fine

And with that, I go across the street and knock on Alex's front door. After a short while, he answers the door and Julietta peeks out from behind him.

"Come upstairs Jamie" Jules says and pulls me upstairs, Alex walking behind the both of us. 

Jules sits me down on Alex's bed. He has navy blue bed sheets, they're actually a pretty nice colour.

Jules sits beside me and looks at me. Alex sits beside her and rubs small circles on her hand.

"Jamie, we need to tell you something"

"Go on then" I say, my patience wearing thin because I just want her to tell me so I can go back home.

"Umm. Alex is now my boyfriend"

HIII, HOW WAS THIS CHAPTER?? I FEEL LIKE ITS RLLY CRINGEY SO I APOLOGISE IF IT IS. SORRY I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN A WHILE, IVE JUST BEEN SO BUSY AND IVE HAD LITERALLY NO MOTIVATION. I BARELY HAD MOTIVATION FOR THE LAST CHAPTER. SORRY IF THERE IS ANY MISTAKES AND SORRY IF ITS A BIT SHORTER THAN USUAL. ANWAY, HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT XX