Chapter 23

word count: 949 words

Tuesday 13th January 2007, 4:03pm

Jamie's POV

Sorry, what. One of my best friends and my sister are now dating? What the actual fuck. I mean, I guess I should have seen this coming, they did kiss. I'm just scared for her really, I don't want anything bad to happen to her.

Julietta hugs me as I stare at Alex. He laughs.

"Alex, I swear to god, if you hurt my sister in anyway then I'm never speaking to you again." Julietta hugs me tighter.

"Jamie, he wont hurt me" she chuckles.

After a period of silence, I pipe up again.

"I'm happy for you both, I really am." The pair of them smile.

It goes quiet for a brief period of time, I look around Alex's room. I stare at his guitar and I think Julietta does the same as she picks up Alex's acoustic.

Alex says, "Oh yeah, Jules came up with a song for the new album, can you take a look at it? I think its good."

"I don't want to sing" Jules says quietly.

"Alright love, I'll sing" Alex says and gently rubs her arm. I think their relationship will take me a while to get used to, after all it is my little sister and I just want her to be happy. But I am happy for them both.

Julietta's POV

"Ready?" I say and Jamie nods. I take a deep breath and I begin to play the chords. It's not an overly complicated song I'm just really hoping that Jamie likes it.

Alex begins to sing

You used to get it in your fishnets
now you only get it in your night dress
discarded all the naughty nights for niceness
landed in a very common crisis

everything's in order in a black hole
nothing seems as pretty as the past though
this bloody mary's lacking in tobasco
remember when you used to be a rascal.

 Alex and I made these lyrics a few weeks ago, I don't know how he does it but he just has a way with words. He can make anything sound beautiful.

Oh the boy's a slag
The best you ever had
The best you ever had is just a memory
And those dreams weren't as daft as they seem
Not as daft as they seem,
My love, when you dream them up...

Flicking through a little book of sex tips
Remember when the boys were all electric?
Now when she's told she's gonna get it
I'm guessing that she'd rather just forget it

Clinging to not getting sentimental
Said she wasn't going but she went still
Likes her gentlemen not to be gentle
Was it a Mecca dauber or a betting pencil?

So far, my playing is going well, I haven't fucked up too badly. Like, there's been a few little mistakes but I don't think they were that noticeable.

Oh the boy's a slag
The best you ever had
The best you ever had is just a memory
And those dreams weren't as daft as they seem
Not as daft as they seem,
My love, when you dream them up

Oh, Flo, where did you go?
Where did you go?
Where did you go? Whoa.

Then its the little bit where its just me playing and I play that decently well.

Falling about
You took a left off Last Laugh Lane
Just sounding it out
But you're not coming back again.

you're falling about
You took a left off Last Laugh Lane
We're just sounding it out
But you're not coming back again

The song finishes and I look at Jamie for aproval.

"You wrote that Jules?" he asks me, smiling.

"Mhmm, well I wrote the guitar part and Alex wrote majority of the lyrics."

"Its good Jules, yeah I think that's a good one to put on the album"

"really?" I stare at my brother, a bit shocked that he thinks its quite good. I thought it was alright, but not as good as some of their other songs.

"yeah, nick, matt, Alex and I are meeting on Saturday, so we can figure out the drums and get a bass line." Jamie checks his watch, its 5:05 right now. "Right, I'm gonna go home, your song is good Jules."

Jamie gets up and leaves Alex's house, I sit closer to Alex.

"You alright love?"

"Mhmm"

"You sure darlin'"

"Yeah, I'm happy that you and Jamie like my song" I say and Alex entwines his fingers with mine.

"It's a good song sweetheart, all it needs now is a bass line and some drums. Alright?"

"Yeah," I rub my eyes, "I'm tired"

"Jules you're always tired, you need to get some sleep. What time did you go to sleep last night?"

"Umm, around 3 or 4 am" Alex tilts his head to the side, a little disapointed that I've been going to bed so late everyday.

"Love, you know its important to sleep. Promise you'll go to sleep a little earlier tonight?"

"I promise. I think I'm going to go back home too, my dinner will be soon anyway."

"Okay, have a nice dinner, text me after alright darlin'?"

And with that, I get up from Alex's bed and wander to his front door, his dad is in the living room, sat on the settee and drinking a cup of tea.

"Oh, are you going love?" he asks and sets his tea down on his coffee table.

"yeah, I've got to go eat my dinner now." I say as David comes to the door.

"Okay, sweetheart, well enjoy your dinner love." I can see why Alex calls me "love" and "darling" all the time: I'm guessing its because his dad has always called his mum those names, so he does it to me. I can't lie, I think its sweet.

"Thanks, bye" I say as I leave his house.

HI, IM SORRY I HAVEN'T WRITTEN A NEW CHAPTER IN A WHILE, I'VE JUST BEEN STRUGGLING WITH MOTIVATION ALOT AND I ALSO I HAVENT REALLY HAD A CLUE ON WHAT TO WRITE. SORRY IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES, HAVE A GOOD DAY/ NIGHT.