008

~~~

~~~

"SADIE SADIE SADIE SADIE OLIVIA WEBSTER!" Kamryn shouts as she runs toward Matt and I.

I turn my attention from Matt, who had just confessed his feelings to me, to Kamryn practically diving down to kneel next to me.

She grabs my forearms and shakes me back and forth as she talks, "Chris just kissed me Sadie! Christopher Sturniolo just put his mouth on my mouth!" She exclaims still shaking me.

"Kammy, let me go first" I say, without trying to be mean. She drops her hands to her sides and looks to Matt.

"your brother.. the guy who doesn't do relationship.... kissed me" She almost hissed toward a confused Matt. He looked scared.

"Kam i think that must mean he likes you" I offer.
She rolls her eyes, "Chris doesn't even know me well enough to be putting his mouth on my face" 

i scoff at this and shake my head, "Kammy it's been 3 years... but if you didn't like it just tell him that-"

"never said i didn't like it" she cuts me off, "do you live under a rock or something?!"

I sent a bewildered look to Matt before looking back at the girl. "what's wrong then babes?"

she takes a deep breath in, "Chris, our Chris, has never, EVER, been interested in someone enough to be in a relationship with them. and I, will not be a situationship" She states, matter-of-factly.

i scrunch my face in confusion, "I know that Chris isn't a relationship person, but he also isn't a player.... give it a chance Kam, see where it goes. If Chris hurts you i'll hurt him back" I tell her.

She looks at Matt for assurance.

"She's right, Chris isn't a bad person. Just trust your gut" Matt backs me up. Kamryn nods, before sitting down and facing the water.

I turn to see Chris standing at our stuff talking to Nick and Madi. I caught eyes with Nick and waved him over, he points to between the three of them and I nod. They make their way over and sit next to us.

We all sat in silence for a bit, listening to the sound of the waves and the wind, before Chris spoke up. "Im so ready to move out here next year!" He exclaims.

"Same, plus we'll be closer to Madi" Nick agrees, nudging her arm as they both smiled. Matt nods in agreement.

"you four better not forget about us" Kamryn sighs, pulling her knees to her chest and hugging them.