010

~~~

~~~

I was trying to be as up beat and cheerful as one could, after just being called names by someone they once called mom... I was at a party, with all my friends.. I should be having the time of my life, but I just couldn't stop thinking about the things she said.

I shake my head, bringing my water bottle up to my lips and taking a sip. I looked around at everyone engrossed in their own conversations, the music was loud and the lights were off so I couldn't really focus on anything.

My eyes met with Matt who was in the middle of talking to someone but, as if he could feel me looking at him, he turned his head to meet my gaze.

He raised his eyebrows quickly. Something we both picked up doing when the other looked like we needed to talk . I nod toward him and he makes his way over to me.

"You okay Sades?" He asks in my ear since the music was loud.

"yeah i'm just thinking" I tell him.

"let's go outside" He says, grabbing my hand and guiding me out the front door. We walk all the way down and sit on the curb. "were you not having fun in there? everyone seems to like you!"

I nod pulling my knees up to my chest, "this is very fun Matt, I was just thinking about.....back home."

Matt wraps his arm around my shoulder pulling me into his side, "what's stressing you out that's back home?"

"my mother.."

"Sades.. she can't hurt you anymore. you have me, and my parents love you like you're their own. They're giving you a room, and when we graduate we're gonna move out here-"

I cut him off, "Matthew, i never agreed to that"

"Sadie i want you to come with us"

"I know that and I want to come with you too but i've taken so much from you already Matt. I want to be able to stand on my own-"

"no Sadie.." He removes his arm from my shoulder and turns me to face him. The look on his face was unreadable.

"Sadie I don't know what I would do if I moved all the way out here without you. Sadie I need you with me." He says, not breaking eye contact.

I felt his words hit me like a truck.

"If you're not coming to LA with us then i'm not coming either" He shrugs.

"No Matt.. im not gonna be the on to stand between you and what you actually want" I finally said.

Everything I had now was because of the guys, a home, friends, the clothes im wearing now... it was all because of Nick Matt and Chris. I couldn't just continue to take from them without giving anything back in return... and I didn't have anything to give.

"Sadie you gotta realize that you are actually what I want.. you're my best friend, you mean a lot to me right now and I don't want to move across the country without you." he says.

Matt was just as stubborn as I was.

"Matt..." I didn't know what to say. I would love to move out here, to be with Matt...

He looked at me with those eyes. I avoided the thought of him being anything more than a friend for so long that those eyes were now keeping me from saying no.

"what's in it for you? why would you move your best friend across the country with you?" I questioned, I wanted to hear it from him first.

He scrunched his face, "Sadie.. you know that you're more than just my best friend." He states matter-of-factly. I roll my eyes playfully.

"meaningggg..." I dragged out.

The corners of his mouth turned up in a smile. "what do you want me to say?" He teased back.

"Matt what do you-"

He cut me off by cupping my face with his hands. His eyes stared into mine, and his smile transformed into a smirk.

He slowly inched closer and closer until the gap between our lips were closed.

I felt my stomach doing somersaults as we pulled away. "Sadie I want to be wherever you are" He starts.

"Because you're more than a best friend to me and..."

"GUYS!" He was cut off by Chris plopping down next to me. I turned my attention from Matt to Chris who had a big smile across his face.

"Madi said there's a really good restaurant near by and i'm starving! Do y'all wanna head out now" Chris asks.

I look back to Matt who shrugged and nodded. "Yeah I could eat" He says.

"cool I'll go grab Nick Madi and Kam" Chris exclaims, hopping up and rushing inside.

"Chris has good timing huh" I joke, nudging his arm. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"Sadie, will you go out with me? On a real date... without my brothers" He says. I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

I nod, "Yes Matt i'll go out with you" I say. I don't know why but I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. I finally knew where I stood with Matt and it's the best i've felt in a while.