012

~~~

~~~

"there's a sub in davis' room, i wonder what happened?" kamryn calls out to us as we make our way toward our usual spot in the hallway. i plop down on the ground beside her and shrug.

chris and matt sat next to us, and nick continued walking. "ill see you in class sades!" he calls out as he makes his way to his other friends.

"he didn't even say bye to us" chris scoffs playfully, raising and dropping his arms in defeat. I shake my head with a smile.

there were only a few other kids in school now, so our voices echoed through the hall as we spoke.

matt clears his throat before beginning to talk, "we know who the favorite is" he nudges my arm. i widen my eyes in confusion.

"honestly! no one ever thinks about poor little kam" kamryn says, placing her hand over her heart dramatically. I scoff.

"do you really believe that?" chris questions, the energy quickly changing from playful to serious as he turned his body completely to face her. "because i was thinking, since matt invited sadie to our photoshoot, then you should come too kam." he says.

I widen my eyes and look to matt, who had the same dumbfounded expression across his face. "did he not invite me too?" I ask quietly.

"yea he definitely did back me up when I said--"

"why are you two whispering?" chris asks, cutting matt off.

"kid you just-"

he cuts me off by raising his hand, "you've said enough" he states sassily. my mouth drops as matt begins to laugh.

chris drops his hand to his lap and turns back to face kamryn who was laughing equally as hard as matt.

"he just shut you down" she says between laughter. i roll my eyes and shake my head.

"he's just mad because nick didn't say bye to him" i shrug, gently pushing matt off of me. "and you can sit up straight since you thought it was so funny" i state.

"why am i in trouble, chris was the one-"

i shake my head, "you thought he was funny, go lean on him" i tell him, pointing at chris, who shook his head vigorously at my words.

"stay where you are bro" he says.

matt rolls his eyes and leans on my arm again.

~~~

"are you ready? i'm gonna pose like this!" nick exclaims at chris as i approach the two at the lunch table.

nick held his hands up in peace signs, pouted his lips, and shut his eyes tightly. "uhh nicolas don't do that" i tease.