2🥀

"Hobi, how many times do I have to tell you? You need to improve your performance," Jeon berated, his voice brimming with frustration.

"I know, sir. I'm really sorry," Hobi replied, her eyes squeezed shut, bracing herself for the onslaught of complaints.

"You were supposed to review that file, Hobi." Jeon's voice grew louder and more menacing by the second. "I specifically asked you to do it, and yet, here we are. Why am I even bothering to give you tasks if you can't handle them properly?"

"But sir, there was an urgent matter that required my attention. I didn't have the time to-"

"Don't give me excuses, Hobi!" Jeon's anger was palpable, and Hobi could feel the heat emanating from him. "You should be able to prioritize your tasks efficiently."

Hobi clenched her fists, a wave of anger and frustration washing over her too. She wanted to scream at her boss, to tell him how unfair he was being, but fear of losing her job silenced her.

"But sir" She got cut off by the male.

"I don't want to hear it!" Jeon shouted, pointing his finger at Hobi. "Just fix this mess and make sure it never happens again."

As the man stormed out of the room, Hobi sighed heavily, feeling the weight of her mistakes. But deep down, a spark of determination flickered in his eyes. She wouldn't let this setback defeat her.

Time to prove herself, Hobi thought, her mind racing with plans on how to turn things around.

Meanwhile, Jeon stormed into his cabin, cursing under his breath. He collapsed into his chair, his mind still reeling from the intense argument with Hobi earlier. Perhaps he had been too harsh on her.

Just as he was about to take a moment to collect himself, his phone began to ring, flashing his mother's number on the screen. He debated whether to ignore the call, but curiosity got the better of him, and he reluctantly answered.

"Hello, Mother," he greeted in a strained voice.

"Jeon, my dear, how are you? I have such wonderful news to share!" his mother's voice rang through the receiver, dripping with excitement.

"Oh no," Jeon muttered under his breath. He knew exactly what this wonderful news was going to be.

"Jeon, we've found the perfect girl for you. She's beautiful, smart, and from a prestigious family. I can already imagine how stunning your wedding will be!" his mother gushed.

"Mom, how many times do I have to say it? I don't want to get married!" Jeon exclaimed, frustration evident in his voice.

The argument between mother and son escalated, each trying to make their point heard over the other. Neither willing to back down, their voices echoed through the phone until Jeon abruptly ended the call.

His mother's insistence on getting him married only added to the chaos in his life. Jeon slumped in his seat, feeling the weight of his personal troubles bearing down on him. Marriage was the last thing he needed, especially now.

As the clock struck noon, Hobi's stomach rumbled with hunger, reminding her that it was time to take a break from her never-ending tasks. Just as she was contemplating what to eat, a familiar voice broke through her thoughts.

"Hobi! It's lunchtime! Join me for a meal?" Jm called out, waving enthusiastically from across the office.

Hobi's face lit up with a smile as she nodded and approached Jm. Jm is her co-worker and very good friend. They quickly made their way to the company cafeteria, walking side by side and engaging in casual banter. There was something refreshing about Jm's company. He had a knack for lightening the mood and making Hobi forget her worries, even if just for a short while.

Little did they know, their laughter and conversation had attracted the attention a pair of eyes, who watches them with clench fist.