3🥀

As the clock struck 8 pm, the bustling office slowly emptied out, leaving only Hobi diligently typing away at her computer. Her fingertips danced across the keyboard, her eyes fixed on the screen, determined to finish her work. She was a woman on a mission, a warrior of paperwork, and not even the late hour could deter her from her goal.

Just as she was lost in her own little world of deadlines and spreadsheets, Jeon strolled by, on his way out of the office. But something caught his eye and that's Hobi, working diligently despite the late hour.

Curiosity piqued, Jeon approached Hobi, his voice stern. "What on earth are you doing here at this hour?"

Startled by his sudden appearance, Hobi looked up, her eyes meeting his. "I'm staying behind to finish my work. You know, after you scolded me today..."

Guilt washed over Jeon's face, realizing the impact of his words. "Ah, Hobi, I'm sorry for being a bit of a jerk earlier. You didn't deserve that."

Hobi's mouth dropped open, her eyes wide with astonishment. Her boss, Jeon, was actually apologizing to her? This was a moment she never thought she'd witness.

After a moment of silence, Jeon cleared his throat, his face slightly pink. "Well, since you've been working so hard, you should head home."

"Thank you, Sir." A warm smile crept onto Hobi's face as she nodded, gathering her things.

He's  not that bad after all, With that thought, Hobi bid Jeon farewell, making her way out of the office and into the night as Jeon watched her go.

---

As the front door swung open, Jeon entered his luxurious apartment, his tired eyes immediately widening at the sight of his mother seated on the plush couch. With a slight tremor in his voice, he managed to utter, "Mother, what are you doing here?"

His mother, a formidable woman with a glint of determination in her eyes, crossed her legs as she leaned back, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. "Oh, just paying my beloved son a visit," she said innocently. "And might I add, this place could use a little more sprucing up."

"Mother, I've told you, I have no interest in marriage at the moment." Jeon merely sighed, his features taut with frustration.

"Why, Jeon?" His mother clucked her tongue and fixed him with a piercing stare. "Why on earth would you refuse such a wonderful opportunity to settle down? You're not getting any younger, you know."

"Mom," With a lingering look in his eyes, Jeon's voice softened, flickers of vulnerability emerging. "I… I already have someone in my life."

"Oh, is that so?" Intrigue gleamed within his mother's irises as she leaned forward, suddenly engrossed. "Pray, tell me, who is this lucky woman?"

Jeon shook his head, a rueful smile tugging at his lips. "I'm afraid that's a secret I'll have to keep for now, Mother. Excuse me, I need some rest."

As Jeon retreated to his room, his mother's eyes followed his every step, a knowing smile lingering on her lips.