5🥀

Hobi's heart raced as she hurriedly made her way through the bustling city streets. Knowing that she was already running late for an important meeting, she quickened her pace in an attempt to beat the clock. However, fate seemed to have a twisted sense of humor, for just as she was nearing the office building, disaster struck.

With a resounding crack, the heel of her shoe snapped in half, sending Hobi stumbling forward. She let out a yelp of surprise, desperately trying to maintain her balance. Ignoring the pain creeping up her leg, she bent down to examine the damage. The heel was irreparably broken, leaving her no choice but to continue on with one functioning shoe.

Face reddened with embarrassment, Hobi limped her way into the office foyer and scrambled to the elevator. As the doors shut, she muttered under her breath, "Great start to the day, just great."

When she finally arrived at the meeting room, her breaths came in ragged gasps. Beads of sweat dotted her forehead as she plastered on a smile, attempting to mask the chaos that had preceded her arrival.

However, her facade crumbled when Jeon let out a roar of frustration.

"What took you so long, Hobi?" Jeon bellowed, his face flushed with irritation. "I needed that file, but you've made me lose a crucial deal!"

Hobi's gasp, she didn't knew the file was needed for meeting. "I-I'm sorry, Sir." She stammered, "My heels broke, and I-"

But Jeon, already storming away, waved her off dismissively. "Save it, Hobi. This is unforgivable!"

Hobi's heart sank as she watched him disappear down the hall, leaving her alone with her broken heels and shattered confidence. The weight of her mistakes pressed heavily upon her, each step further confirming her own incompetence.

As she stood there, her eyes blurred with unshed tears, she made a very big mistake today.

After that day, she endured his shouting, his demeaning words slicing through her like shards of glass. She was his secretary, yes, but she was still a person, deserving of respect. Hobi's heart ached, torn between her love for him and her growing disdain for his attitude.

As the days passed, the tension between them grew thicker, hanging over the office like a dark cloud. Jeon's outbursts became more frequent, his words more cutting.

But, Jeon's heart sank as he realized just how badly he had been behaving towards Hobi. The way he had snapped at her, ignored her, and pushed her away was eating at his conscience. He knew he had to do something to make amends.

With a heavy sigh, he decided to confront Hobi head-on and apologize. So, with a determined expression on his face, Jeon headed off to find Hobi.

But then he saw Hobi and Jm, laughing and chatting. Jeon jaw clenched involuntarily as anger surged through his veins. He turned on his heel and walked away.