Chapter 6 - The Witch of Calamity

Kiara and Phantom made their way to the Terāzu Inn, though since Taka knew who Phantom really was, both of them had to keep this a secret as much as possible. So their tactic was to simply pretend they don't know each other as Kiara and Phantom were drinking by one of the tables.

Kiara was chugging a lot of alcohol down as Phantom was simply drinking little bits at a time. She wasn't much of a drinker as since she never really drank as much really. Though Kiara seemed really satisfied, red-faced as she seemed a bit drunk at the moment.

Kiara: "Ah~! So Phantom! I want to know what you'll be doing from here on out!"

Phantom: "What?"

Kiara: "You know~ You're part of my party after all~!"

Phantom: "First off, you don't have to be so loud and chirpy. Second, since I am part of your party, you're the leader so you should be able to figure it out."

Kiara: "Oh come on~ You're being no fun~"

Phantom: "I'm trying to use logic here Kiara."

Then Mim came up to the table, holding the tray against her chest as she smiled.

Mim: "How's everything here?"

Phantom: "Alright for the most part."

Kiara: "Can I get seconds please~!?"

Mim: "Sure, I'll go get you another."

Mim then took the glass as she began to walk off as Kiara was giggling slightly.

Phantom: "What's so funny?"

Phantom narrowed her eyes, trying to understand what could be so funny at this moment. Kiara still giggled as she tried to compose herself, but since she was drunk, it was a complete failure.

Kiara: "You know... I had another party once..~"

Phantom: "Really now?"

Kiara: "Yep~ *Hic* We were all close friends~ Yet suddenly we decided to disband because of one of our members not really being in it..~ *Hic* And yet, here I am, in Axel... Trying to bring something back that'll never be..~ *Hic* Funny ain't it..~?"

She was tearing up a little as Phantom was a little surprised by this. Even though she kept a neutral expression, she was still feeling sorry for Kiara. Phantom wasn't aware of her true reasons for being in a weak town like Axel, but now that she said that, it was starting to make sense to her. 

She remembered back to when Kiara forced her to join the party, to the times when she was training her rigorously to improve as fast as possible. She sighed as she took another sip as she put her glass down.

Phantom: "You know, I'm sorry for you."

Kiara: "Huh...~?"

Phantom: "I wasn't aware of your reasons for being here in the first place. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. You're slightly clingy, but you're a good natured person. I ain't that much of a social individual myself, but you're able to get along with anybody within a heartbeat. I admire your resolve to try to move on and your willingness to face the struggles head on. The Quests showed that. I just hope that we can make great progress."

Kiara chuckled a little, wiping away her tears as she hiccupped again.

Kiara: "You know, you remind me of someone I know... Calli was just as strict at times, but she had a good heart~ Though she wondered off... Not sure where she went to right now... Of course her and I, along with our previous party were actually reincarnated... We were a close-knit group ya know..~ *Hic*"