Chapter 13 - The Return of a Phoenix Along With Some New Friends

Although it has been some time after the defeat of Verdia, one of the Devil King's Generals, apparently Phantom alongside Kazuma's party ended up getting over three million Eris, which is quite a lot, but it had to be shared in some way. Apparently due to Phantom doing most of the work against Verdia, which she would deny, she earned most of the shares, making her take about two million, much to her dismay.

Yet however, what also changed around Axel was the fact that since Kazuma's party were seen as heroes to this town, Taka offered free rooms for the four, making it much better for them to stay at the Terāzu Inn than at the stables. Kazuma and Aqua immediately agreed since they trust Kieran. As for Darkness and Megumin, they simply didn't mind at all as they really didn't have any place to stay around town either. So now at this point, the Inn had about seven residents. 

However what Kieran did with most of the money, was that he gave it all to Taka as he didn't need it, allowing the owner to upgrade the Inn to a much more luxurious place and increasing the amount of rooms, allowing even more people to stay as well. Millie even returned back as well as she explained the reason why she was gone for a little while.

Apparently Millie and Kiara were busy helping out Luca Kaneshiro when Kiara ended up separating for a little while, making her get sent back, which is why Millie came back without her. Kieran didn't bother to ask for any details as apparently, some thief ended up stealing all of Kazuma's money recently, which Kieran would admit, was rather rough. 

So Kazuma has no money, but is still allowed to stay at the Inn along with his party until he can find a place to live. It was quite early in the morning while Kazuma's party was currently eating their breakfast. Kieran and Mim were busy taking orders and assisting others in the process. Though Kazuma ended up slamming his hands that were balled into fists on the table.

Kazuma: "I need money!"

He was saying it in a calm manner, though it was clear that he wasn't in a good mood.

Aqua: "Well duh, everyone here needs money. Money makes life easier. If you hadn't somehow let a thief steal the money we earned all those days ago, we would've been having an easier time."

Kazuma: "Well it's not my fault!"

Kieran: "You two about to argue again?"

Kieran walked up to their table, trying to understand what the problem is. 

Kieran: "Look, at least you all are staying here, having a nice rest and a wonderful place to feel cosy in. What I would recommend is getting some experience in. Perhaps going on some Quests might ease your minds."

Kazuma: "Seriously? You're telling us to go on Quests when you've been mostly staying here, doing this job instead of Quests?"

Kieran: "Unlike you who lost the money, I gave my share to Taka so he could make this Inn more profitable and expand the business. We're getting customers from areas outside of Axel, even more foreigners. If you want to earn money, since I doubt you would like to work here, I would recommend you just find something to do outside of Axel."

Aqua: "Well I'm glad you understand that."

Kieran: "Aqua... You may be on my good side, but one wrong word or move, it's gone. I hope you remember that."

Aqua: "Of course of course~"

She was waving her hand about, just simply trying to brush off what Kieran said. Kieran sighed as Taka called out to him.

Taka: "Hey Kieran! You can talk to your friends later! People need you at table nine!"

Kieran: "On it! Sorry you two, but I need to get going. Duty calls."