Chapter 10 - Following Along For A Purification Quest

As the day began to roll around, Phantom has decided to go on a form of solo Quest today as she was being a little tired of being around Kiara and Millie. Recently, when she had been doing Quests with them, she kept finding a few issues then and there and she felt like she needed a fresh change of pace. 

So she made her way into the Adventurer's Guild, looking around as she was keeping an eye on the Quest Board. She couldn't really spot anything that she would do on her own, which honestly made her feel like she was wasting her time here. Yet she somehow didn't notice Aqua standing next to her, looking at the board as well.

Phantom: "Aqua?"

Aqua: "Oh! Hey Ki- I mean Phantom, yeah... Why are you alone today?"

Phantom: "I need a bit of space as I wanted to be alone to get away from my party for a little bit. You picking out a Quest?"

Aqua: "Oh yeah, I am. I just want to do a Quest so I can earn money. Oh, this one will do!"

She then randomly grabbed one as Kazuma suddenly appeared, grabbing it from Aqua.

Kazuma: "Hold your horses! I wanna see what kind of crap you pick first!"

Aqua tried to fight back but she was easily held back by Kazuma, making Phantom honestly question how strong Aqua is supposed to be in the first place.

Kazuma: "A Manticore and a Griffin are fighting over territory in the region and disturbing the peace. If you kill them, you'll receive a reward of five hundred thousand Eris."

Kazuma immediately saw this as a no-go as he slammed it back on the board.

Kazuma: "Are you out of your mind!?"

Phantom: "That is a bit out of your league at the moment you know?"

Kazuma suddenly jumped as he somehow didn't notice Phantom.

Kazuma: "Phantom? When did you get here?"

Phantom: "I was here since a moment ago. Hmm... How about you do this one then?"

Phantom then picked out a particular one, handing it to Aqua as she began to read it out loud.

Aqua: "Need to purify the town's lake. It has become so foul that no one can drink from it and brutal alligators have made it their home. The Monsters will leave once the lake has been purified, so you don't have to kill them. Three hundred thousand Eris reward. Three hundred thousand!? This one's got my name written all over it!"

Phantom: "Figured as much. Be glad I was able to spot it out for you."

Kazuma: "Wait hold on, you can purify water?"

Phantom: "Kazuma, have you not realized something? Think about this carefully. Her name, the hair colour, the eye colour and the colour of her attire. You know what that relates all back to? Water. Her name is Aqua, she is literally a Goddess of Water if you can't believe it. So by theory, she could purify it."

Aqua: "Thanks for backing me up on this one Phantom!"

Aqua gave a thumbs up, though Phantom simply rolled her eyes while she had her arms crossed underneath her chest.

Kazuma: "Alright fine, we'll take it. Better yet you take it and that way the reward's all yours."

Phantom: "I mean, he's not wrong."

Aqua: "Oh uh... I'm pretty sure the Monsters will attack me while I'm purifying so... I sort of need your guys' protection..."

Phantom: "And that makes logical sense."