Chapter 15 - An Un-Cleansable Curse!? & Omega Alpha

Even though it was close to sunset, the Terāzu Inn wasn't that busy at the moment as Taka was busy cleaning some glasses at the bar counter. He did notice that Millie, Kiara, Calli, Ina and Gura were busy minding their own business. Darkness and Megumin were simply discussing over some various topic and Mim was busy cleaning the place up.

However the peaceful atmosphere was ruined right away when Kazuma came barging in through the front doors with Kieran on his back out cold.

Kazuma: "We got a problem!"

Everyone turned to look at Kazuma, only to see Aqua and Amelia walk in directly behind him. 

Kazuma: "Kieran is out cold and he ain't waking up!"

Taka: "What!? Get him up to his room right now! This instant!"

Kazuma: "Right!"

Kazuma then rushed past everyone, quickly doing as told as Aqua and Amelia looked on, feeling slightly guilty that they couldn't really make it on time. Though after a few minutes, Aqua was ordered upstairs to treat him, though what came out of Aqua's mouth was shocking to the others.

Apparently she was able to at least cure his wounds, healing him back to full health, but there was another problem. Never in her life has she ever encountered a curse she couldn't lift. So she couldn't cleanse it and there was nothing she could do about it, even though she's an Arch Priest and a Goddess, this was somehow beyond her capabilities. Megumin and Darkness were making the exact same expression that Kazuma made the first time he learnt of it, a shocked and surprised expression that was of confusion.

As for Kiara's group, it was clear that this isn't some ordinary curse. Amelia had encountered some curses, but it wasn't to this extreme as she did also explain the figure she encountered while saving Kieran from certain death. Ina came up with an idea as she went to go with Aqua to try and lift the curse, considering that she too is a high level Priest, possibly around the same level as Aqua, which was kind of surprising.

Though in the end, with their combined efforts, they still couldn't lift it as they had no choice but to leave Kieran for now as he was out cold in his room. Millie then realized what kind of curse it was as she ended up gathering everyone around so she could discuss it with them, since it was something she could kind of recognize.

Millie: "Listen everyone... This curse... I believe it to be called... Shadow Morale's Curse."

Amelia: "Shadow Morale?"

Millie: "It's a curse created by someone who was known as Shadow Morale. A curse where whoever is afflicted with it, is bound to be hunt down by a being that represents their inner conflicts. A figure that is cloaked in darkness, a being that represents the inner demons..."

Kiara: "W-Wait... He's been hiding information from us this whole time!?"

Kazuma: "Were you deaf most of the time? He has been doing that towards most of us, including his own friends, so of course he would be hiding somethings from us."

Kazuma then remembered the fight that Phantom had against Verdia, which made him remember some words that Phantom mentioned about her past. Though he didn't bother to say any of this out loud as this would give Kieran's identity away immediately.

Aqua: "If you know about the curse, then how do we lift it? We can't just simply let him lie there and possibly die."

Gura: "Hey~ We don't know that. For all we know, there might be a way."

Millie: "There isn't."

Everyone was surprised by this as Taka sighed, rubbing his glass as he looked at Millie.