Chapter 7 - An Expedition

Right now, Phantom is currently looking at the Quest Board for any easy Quests, however she couldn't really find any as she seemed rather stunned. Kiara was also confused, but she did remember something.

Kiara: "That Devil King's General sure knows how to ruin our fun huh..?"

Phantom: "I don't see how a Quest could be fun in the first place. Yet with all these high level Quests, I honestly thought that there would be an easy one somewhere. Most of them have high ranking difficulties..."

Luna: "Hey Kiara!"

The two turned to look at the receptionist Luna as she came by to check up on them.

Kiara: "Hey Luna. I do apologize but... Do you perhaps have a lower ranking Quest for us so we could get some experience in?"

Luna: "Well, because of one of the Devil King's Generals living nearby, most of the lower level monsters are currently in hiding... However about a day ago, there's been someone who is requesting a party of Adventurers to help out."

Phantom: "Do you know who this person is?"

Luna: "Not personally, however he is more of a business kind of guy. He owns his own group as well as his own trading connections. I think it would be better if you go and meet him instead of questioning more about him..."

Phantom: "I think that would be for the best. We'll take it then right?"

Phantom said, turning her gaze to Kiara who decided to be enthusiastic.

Kiara: "Yeah, we will. It might lead to some new opportunities you know? We'll take it."

Luna: "Alright, well you need to travel into the nearby forest to find him. Apparently it's located around some sort of ruins. You can't really miss it if you head Northward."

Phantom: "We'll keep that in mind, thank you Luna."

Phantom then began to walk off suddenly as Kiara panicked in a split moment, beginning to follow as well. As the two were outside the Adventurer's Guild, Kiara had to ask something.

Kiara: "You know, I got a question. Don't we need another party member at least?"

Phantom: "We could if that's what you want, but I just don't see it being required."

Kiara: "I could get another party to come along."

Phantom: "Not necessary. The receptionist said that 'a party' should go, not multiple."

Kiara then pouted as she looked away.

Kiara: "Fine. But you'll regret it when we needed another member."

Phantom narrowed her eyes.

Phantom: "Somehow I highly doubt that..."

???: "Hey Kiara!"

The two then turned to see Millie who ran up to them, breathing heavily as it seemed like she had a long run.

Kiara: "Millie Parfait right..?"

Millie: "Y-Yeah... Sorry about that... I was looking for you to talk to you about something.."

Kiara: "What is it?"

Millie then calmed down, breathing slower as she relaxed. She then decided to get her point across.

Millie: "I want to join your party!"

Kiara and Phantom blinked a few times, honestly caught off guard, though Millie seemed to have taken it the wrong way.

Millie: "What's with that expression!? I'm willing to join your party!"