Chapter 8 - A Dullahan Appears!

Even though it was a cloudy day, Kieran was busy doing his usual thing within the Terāzu Inn, helping out customers when they need something, but today was just strangely quiet. The Inn mostly felt less lively as it was confusing to Kieran. Kieran was currently sitting at the bar counter with Taka busy cleaning some glasses behind the counter. Mim was currently making sure that the place was sparkling clean and Millie was currently sitting by the bar, snoring away.

As for Kiara, she got her gear ready as she was heading out.

Kiara: "See ya later guys~!"

Taka: "Good luck on your adventures."

Kiara then left as Taka sighed.

Taka: "Very quiet today."

Kieran: "Is this a normal occurrence?"

Taka: "It happens from time to time, but it isn't that bad. It is rather nice having some peace and quiet around here sometimes."

Kieran: "You're right but... Doesn't that affect the business in any way?"

Taka: "A bit, but at least we won't be wasting our stocks. The meats we keep nicely cold along with the vegetables. The alcohol doesn't always need to be cold depending on the kind, and we can have this place to ourselves. This Inn is just like home to me."

Kieran: "I see..."

Mim: "Hey Will, mind helping me out here?"

Mim was struggling to carry a crate as Kieran sighed, getting up from his seat.

Kieran: "Coming."

He made his way over to help as he carried it with ease.

Kieran: "I got it."

Mim: "Thanks, mind if you carry it to the back?"

Kieran: "Of course."

As he left carrying the crate, Millie was just waking up from her nap as she rubbed her head a bit.

Taka: "So, you're finally awake."

Millie: "W-What happened...?"

Taka: "You drank a bit too much and you passed out."

Millie: "I... I slept here...?"

Taka: "Yep. You don't drool, so less cleaning to be done."

Millie: "Is that supposed to be an insult?"

Taka: "Nah, just stating the facts."

Kieran then returned to the front as he dusted himself off. Millie noticed him as she wanted to be friendly, even though she is having a hangover.

Millie: "Hey Kieran.."

Kieran: "Millie. I think you're going to need some water."

Taka: "No worries. Coming right up."

Taka then quickly prepared a glass of water for Millie as she was drinking it slowly, trying to think clearly.

Kieran: "I guess I'll head to my room then if you all don't-"

Suddenly, Kiara came in through the front door as she seemed to be panicking.

Kiara: "Millie! We need your help right now!"

Millie wasn't reacting immediately as she turned around, slightly confused on what she would be needed for.

Millie: "Kiara..? What do you need me for..?"