Chapter 16 - Confronting One's Demons

It was now midnight as the Adventurers were awaiting at the Inn's entrance. Their plan was to hold off this figure until Kieran wakes up, though they were still uncertain on how long it would take for him to wake up. Kazuma understandably feels like he is the odd one out.

While others probably have some good stats, all he is really good at is being sneaky and using his Steal Skill. Though according to their plan, Aqua and Ina were to stay back and focus on being the supports. Megumin and Millie would be last resort as their capabilities  could technically destroy a fair amount of Axel, which they wouldn't want. The others would technically be the frontline, preparing to hold the monster off. As for Kazuma, he has to wait for the right time to use his Steal Skill to steal the figure's weapon to prohibit its combat prowess, hoping to weaken it to make it easier to fend off.

Ina: "You alright?"

Ina had to ask Kazuma as he seemed really nervous, though he had to give his honest response.

Kazuma: "Definitely not... I feel like a douche for not being able to help Kieran and I feel like I'm not that useful at all..."

Ina: "Well technically, that's not true. Even if you're weaker than us, you still have your role to play. If what you mentioned about your Skill is correct, you could simply steal the thing you want to steal, weakening your opponent. I mean, you did that to General Verdia am I right?"

Kazuma: "Yeah but... they need to be weakened or some crap like that..."

Kiara: "Come on now, we'll find that opening for you. So for now-"

Calli: "Quiet. It's coming."

Calli narrowed her eyes as she simply was at the ready, preparing her scythe for combat, which in turn made Kiara ready her sword and shield. Gura caught up as she was simply preparing her trident, with Ina moving back with Aqua as Darkness went up with the front three. Megumin and Millie were waiting at the far back, awaiting for their cue. 

This night was eerily quiet as most of the town's people were fast asleep at this point, though for some reason, a fog felt like rolling in. It was subtle, not obscuring their vision completely as they then heard footsteps echo through their ears. They were confused, trying to remain alert at all times. Though soon enough, they spotted the figure in the distance as Amelia recognized it immediately as the figure that attacked Kieran before.

Amelia: "That's the one alright..."

Calli narrowed her eyes, looking at it with intent.

Calli: "It clearly doesn't feel natural at all. Out of all the strange creatures and curses we've fought, this is new."

Kiara: "But we can't simply let it pass right?"

Darkness: "Agreed. If we force it into our trap, we might have a chance!"

Amelia: "Ina, get ready..."

Ina simply nodded as she took out her book as she began to chant the Spell she was going to use.

Ina: "O' Great Ancients, I beseech thee to hear thy call. Bind us and our enemy from the boundaries of our reality, preventing those from stepping into our very domain. I call upon your power to provide protection and entrap our foe."

When the figure stepped close enough, she then casted it completely as she activated it.

Ina: "Ancient Domain!"

A large circle then enveloped the ground they stood on as it also surrounded the Inn they were trying to protect. One of Ina's Spells, known as Ancient Domain allows her to prevent any outside interference by creating a dome to surround those it encases inside. No one would be able to notice what's going on from the outside, no one being able to see, or hear the commotion that is about to take place.