Chapter 12 - Phantom VS General Verdia

Phantom stood there, eyeing down Verdia as she was ready for anything. Kazuma was surprised to see her here since he wasn't expecting her to show up since Kieran was supposed to be busy today. Megumin was looking at this, surprised at how Phantom managed to save Darkness. Darkness was wide eyed as she was saved by Phantom. Aqua was amazed by the fact that Phantom actually came considering that she was supposed to be busy with other things, but she randomly remembered something since she did look through Kieran's history, even if it was quick before the summoning.

Kazuma: "Phantom...?"

Phantom: "I advise you to get your Crusader out of here. I will be facing this Dullahan from here on out."

Kazuma: "But you can't face him! He is incredibly powerful and-"

Phantom: "I said leave him to me Kazuma. Do what I say. I ain't asking you again."

Kazuma: "But-"

Phantom: "Kazuma!"

Phantom's authority tone managed to shut Kazuma up as he got the idea, managing to get Darkness to her feet as they began to back off. Verdia was honestly interested in Phantom as she displayed one of control.

Verdia: "Phantom was it? I've taken down each of your allies one by one. What makes you think that you could stand a chance girl?"

Phantom: "I couldn't just simply sit back and accept the slaughter that was occurring. Is it wrong to defend those you care about?"

Verdia: "I will admit, it isn't. However, the end results will be the same."

Phantom: "So you're willing to fight me one on one? You mentioned that you were a knight once right? A spec of honour at least exists in you, and that makes things easier on both of us."

Verdia: "Oh? And how so?"

Phantom: "At least no one can interfere our duel. Care for a dance, General Verdia?"

Phantom then got into her position as she was ready to fight. Her eyes were filled with determination, yet Verdia laughed a little.

Verdia: "Listen here Phantom, this isn't a dance, this is a fight to the death. I ain't going to play around with girls like you."

Phantom then immediately charged forward, appearing in front of him at amazing speeds, forcing him to block as she was attacking with swift precision with each of her blades. She was keeping up an aggression as he couldn't counter at all until he was able to attack with a downward swing.

Yet as the attack went towards her, she easily side stepped the attack, making the attack crash into the ground as Verdia was surprised. Yet she didn't let up as she went for multiple swift attacks into his armour chest plate, leaving scratch marks. Yet afterwards, she leapt onto the chestplate, backflipping away as she then charged forward again, landing an attack in a X-formation.

Phantom: "Phantom Dance: Eagles' Cross!"

The attack knocked Verdia back a bit as he had to recover his posture, being surprised and amazed by Phantom's skill, even if she isn't doing much damage to him. 

Verdia: "I will admit, you got some skill Phantom. However you do no damage to me whatsoever!"

Phantom: "That doesn't matter to me. I've learnt that I am faster than you."

Verdia: "Is that arrogance I hear?"

Phantom: "No. I've made a promise before, broken it, and I intend to forge it again. To start it again, I will face you head on!"