Chapter 9 - Some Catching Up & A Strange Communication

The next has rolled around as Kieran was currently serving the other customers. The Inn was filled with plenty as it was a very busy day, though during the middle of the day, it managed to die down, allowing both Mim and Kieran to relax a bit. Millie did help out in between then and there, though she was mostly making sure to keep her cat Lucy in line. 

However in this moment, Kiara came in through the front doors.

Kiara: "Hey guys~! I brought some guests that Kieran requested~!"

Kieran turned around, seeing Kiara alongside Kazuma and his party. Though from Kazuma's expression, it was clear that this was the first time he has ever been here. So Kieran decided to walk up to him, clearing his throat.

Kieran: "Hey Kazuma. Welcome to the Terāzu Inn. I apologize for inviting you when you were probably trying to relax after what happened yesterday."

Kazuma: "Honestly... It wasn't that stressful the more I thought about it..."

Kieran: "I understand. Hello Megumin, Darkness, I'm Kieran Williams. I'm a waiter at this Inn and I tend to the necessities of the customers. I'm also a... friend of Kazuma's."

Megumin: "I see..."

Darkness: "Well then, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Kieran: "Oh yeah Aqua. A word of advice from me alright?"

Aqua: "Yes Kieran, what is-"

Before she could even speak, Kieran had an expression that seemed like he was smiling, though his eyes were closed, giving off a terrifying feeling as Aqua was sweating a little in fear.

Kieran: "If you dare try to hurt our fellow co-worker again, I have authorization to simply kick you out. Are we clear Ms. Aqua?"

Aqua: "Uh... Yeah... Totally..."

Kazuma turned his gaze to Aqua, trying to figure out what she did this time. Kieran however returned to his stoic neutral expression.

Kieran: "At any rate, enjoy your stay here at the Inn. Kazuma and I need to have a simple chat about something, some catching up one might say."

With that, everyone went on to do their own thing, talking in different groups as they were getting acquainted.

Kiara and Aqua were chatting like they were good friends as since they did talk from time to time back at the Guild, it wouldn't be much of a surprise on how similar they are. They both are quite stupid at times, however they are surprisingly opposites, but similar at the same time. Kiara being fire, while Aqua being water, but they somehow balance each other out with their enjoyable conversations.

Megumin and Millie were chatting by the bar counter as they learnt about each others' strong points and weak points. They both got along really easily as Lucy was constantly sticking close to them, allowing Megumin to pet the cat from time to time. Yet since they both dabble in very powerful Magics, they both were quite enthusiastic with their Magic. Even though they would argue a little on which is stronger, they simply left it at that as they complimented one another. Taka was mainly chiming in at times since he was by the counter as well.

Darkness was talking to Mim as they strangely got along. Mim was mainly talking about... things that Darkness' masochist side was into. Yet the two did get along, even if it was mostly on the... you-know-what...

Kieran and Kazuma sat at the far side of the place as they sat at their table, having a talk. 

Kieran: "I would advise it that we talked a bit more softly."