Chapter 14 - The Figure Cloaked In Darkness

The next morning was quite rough for Kieran as he woke up, feeling really tired. His eyes being nearly shut the whole time while having bags underneath his eyes. He got out of his room, only to see Kazuma.

Kazuma: "Oh hey Kieran. You look tired man, you good?"

Kieran: "Never have been better."

He said it in a somewhat sarcastic tone as he closed his door behind himself, making his way downstairs, only to see Taka at the bar counter as usual. Though Kazuma was following behind, being somewhat concerned.

Kazuma: "Hey dude, you seem extremely tired man. Shouldn't you need more rest?"

Kieran: "I said I'm fine."

Kazuma: "Doesn't seem like it to me."

Taka then heard the commotion as he noticed Kieran's tired expression.

Taka: "Kieran. I think you shouldn't clock in today."

Kieran was starting to feel a little agitated, he knows that this isn't like him, but he just couldn't help but feel annoyed that he is suddenly being held back.

Kieran: "Just leave me be will ya? Taka, you may be right, can I take a day off? I need a walk."

Taka: "Go for it."

Kieran then without hesitation began to walk out of the Inn, leaving Kazuma confused as he was trying to understand what's been going on with Kieran this time.

Kazuma: "Has he always been like this?"

Taka: "No, and that is what worries me. I get that work stress can get to others, but that is a whole other can of worms that I think I shouldn't pry into."

Amelia: "Is that so?"

Amelia Watson, who has been up relatively early this morning was drinking a little bit, turning her gaze to Taka and Kazuma.

Amelia: "I don't mean to intrude, but I noticed something is quite off about him. I may have only met him yesterday, but he is clearly hiding something. I guess it's about time I start my first investigation, into discovering who Kieran truly is."

Kazuma narrowed his eyes, realizing that Amelia might evidentially figure out who Kieran is, but he sighed.

Kazuma: "Mind if I come along? I need to get away from my party."

Amelia: "They be annoying you?"

Kazuma: "How can you guess that?"

Amelia: "Oh, I just simply read the expressions on your face."

She had a cocky smile that was kind of intoxicating as Kazuma is strangely regretting it, but she did seem better than his own party anyways. Back with Kieran, he was taking a stroll by himself as he was taking in the peaceful and lively environments. He had a small smile on his face, though he was extremely tired, trying to brush it off as he would prefer to try and keep himself awake for the time being.

Yet suddenly, he felt a sudden pain reach into his head, his ears ringing as he fell to his one knee, clutching his head with his one hand. He was gritting his teeth, trying to prevent himself from screaming in pain. He couldn't describe this pain as random people were looking at him, making him get back to his feet, still holding his head as this excruciating pain was still going on. 

He quickly did a fast pace walk as he tried to find a safe place to be, preferably out of people's view. Once he managed to find himself in an alley, he sat down, clutching his head with both of his hands this time. He could hear different voices of people he didn't recognize at first as each of them echoed all around him.