four

Spencer Daniels

They were right, as always. The show was phenomenal. Everything I could've expected and then more. The band was great, their voices were great, and the energy in there was unlike anything i've ever experienced. Maybe because there's a personal connection between us and the last time I saw all of them together in the same room, the energy was so bad. The fighting the band splitting up, the moves between being a family and it being business. Nick's ego. No offense Nick. Regardless, seeing them happy together again was the cherry on top of everything.

Joe broke down during a couple songs, but he recovered quickly and the glances between nick and kevin and them checking on him, made it known that he wasn't doing this against his will. This is what was keeping him going at the moment and if he stopped long enough to realize what was going on he might not recover. I hurt for him, I can't imagine going through one of the hardest life events and having to do it in front of millions of people and half of those people are taking her side instead of his. It was heartbreaking.

Now it was time to party apparently. We were escorted backstage again, after the show and I was greeted with a million questions. "So how was it? Was it good enough for you to say yes to our offer? How was the lighting? could you hear us okay?" Those types.

Shots were lined up on the bar for everybody, we each took one and fell into the chairs in the room, falling silent for a few minutes as we all regrouped and recovered. The rest of the band was packing up and heading out for the night when there was a knock at our door. "Hey guys, cars are here." Garbo said. "Thanks Garbo." Nick said. He nodded and then closed the door behind him. "Well time to regroup for an hour before we meet back up." Joe said standing up. "I think I might go back with Danielle and the girls. They want to sleep and I don't want to make her do it all on her own." Kevin said. "You sure?" Danielle asked. "Yeah of course." He said to her. "I'll text and see where you guys are if I change my mind." He said. Everybody understood, he gave me a hug before he left. "Don't be a stranger." He said. "I promise I won't." I said back.

"So you coming with us? Are you going back to your place?" Joe asked. "I thought you guys were going to regroup for an hour." I said laughing as we all walked in the direction of the cars. "Yeah we are. Duh. But doesn't mean you can't come out with us." He said. "I don't know, I don't want to intrude on y'all's ritual." I said. "You'll never be intruding Spence. Plus Pri will be there and she seems to really like you." He said. "I like her too. She's very sweet." I said. "She is. So you should come." He said, walking backwards in front of me now. He was facing me and every few steps he'd come to a stop and make me run into him. "Okay seriously. Keep walking, and walking normally. You're driving me nuts." I said. "Yes!!" He said pumping his fists in the air. "What's happening?" I asked. "I've successfully gotten on your nerves for the first time in 10 years." He said. He stopped walking backwards and fell back into his place next to me. I rolled my eyes at his comment, and he threw his arm around my shoulders. "You know, it's good to have you back." He said. "It's good to have you back too. I missed you." I said. "I missed you too Spence." He said.

After some convincing (not really but he doesn't know that), I agreed to go out with them. I got in Joe's car with him and we drove off to his apartment he has here. Didn't know he had one but okay. We arrived and went in the back entrance of the apartment building, bodyguards walking next to us as we made our way into the building. "Call when you're ready. We'll be down here waiting." The man said to Joe. Joe nodded and we walked in the doors to the lobby of the building. I thought my building was considered a "luxury apartment building" but boy was I wrong. This place was huge, big glass windows and smiling staff. Not that the staff in my building weren't friendly, they just never smiled really.

He pressed the button on the elevator and we waited for one to come down. "So how long have you lived here?" I asked. "Well I have this for nights like tonight, or if i'm in the city for something, but I have some other places too. I wouldn't consider this necessarily where I live I guess." He said. I nodded my head because he didn't answer my question. "Anyways sorry, didn't even answer your question. I've had this place for like 3 years I think." He said. The elevator reached the lobby and we stepped in. He pressed the button for the very top floor. "Okay penthouse." I said. "What can I say it's not the best living situation for a couple and two kids so gotta have the penthouse to try and make it better." He said. I wanted to hug him, after seeing the look on his face. He was trying to joke about it, but the sadness in his eyes took over that feeling and he stared at the ground. I noticed in this moment he still had his ring on, and every impulsive thought in my brain right now to pick his hand up and hold it was being fought off with my entire being. I tried not to look at him, because I didn't want him to know I was staring. "I'm sorry Joe. I really am." I said. "Thank you. I'm sorry too. I never wanted it work out like this for us. I love her." He said. I pulled him over to me, and hugged him as hard as I could. "I know. But sometimes you can love somebody without being in love with them anymore, and maybe that's what's happened here." I said. I rubbed his shoulder with my hand as the floors zoomed by. Eventually the doors opened to his floor and we stepped out. He used his key to unlock the door and we walked in.