fifteen

spencer daniels

It's that time of year. Christmas!

After we got back from Italy, I spent at least 3 days filling sidney in on everything that happened, and she told me about her world travels, since I hadn't seen her since she left, and her new love connection with Trey. Which I am in fact taking credit for. Now next time there's a tour or an event where the whole crew gets to go, she is joining no matter what. It was a win-win for both of us.

"Goodmorning bestie, santa came!" Sidney said greeting me in the kitchen with a warm mug of coffee. "It's feels so much more like Christmas here than Miami." I said. "Probably because it's actually snowing right now, and people surf to celebrate Christmas in Miami." She said. "You're right." I said, taking a sip of my coffee. "Who's opening gifts first?" I asked, walking back to the living room for us to do our annual unboxings.

"I think we take turns this year. Each open one at a time." Sidney said. "Sounds perfect." I said. She dug the presents from under the tree out, and sat them in two different piles. There were more gifts under the tree but they were basically all for my family, or Joe. Which he told me he didn't want anything this year, but I found him some good things while doing my random obscure christmas shopping once we got back.

Me and Sidney each took our turns opening gifts. We didn't get each other much, but we each brought each other back some souvenirs from our travels, and those were stocking stuffers as well as random gift cards and a box of condoms for each. Which was kind of our tradition. You can never be too careful. I do the same for my sisters every year, but for them it's mostly to see the look on my dad's face when they open them. This year there will be extra emphasis on Charlotte since her scare earlier this month.

Sidney got me some earrings I was wanting from a shop downtown, a shirt that said " i ❤️ hot dads" with pictures of joe all over it which actually made me cry laugh but also cringe at the same time, and some other little accessories i've been wanting. I basically make her christmas list based off of things I already have that she says she wants. She always asks me to send her links for stuff but never buys any of it, so I save it all year long and pick things off of it to gift for her each year. She still hasn't picked up on my method yet, she just thinks I "know her so well". This year I got her a jacket she had been wanting, that looked similar to the one I wore ice skating, some cutie socks to wear with her short uggs, a coach wallet, and bracelet from Danielle's jewelry line.

Overall, very successful day.

joe 🤎
merry christmas babe❤️ what'd ya get?

merry christmas ❤️ a bunch of accessories from sidney I've been wanting and an interesting shirt. i'll have to show you later. what about you?

joe🤎
Haven't opened any yet, waiting till we go to my parents house later. Are you gonna be able to make it?

yeah i think so! What time do I need to meet there? I'll have to split off and go to my parents too.

joe🤎
meet there at 2! You sure you don't want me to pick you up?

i don't want you to have to leave your family to take me to mine. It's okay really!

joe🤎
if you change your mind let me know.
see you later 😘

okay i will! can't wait!

"what's got you so smiley this morning?" Sidney asked from the opposite side of the couch. We were surrounded in wrapping paper, but didn't want to get out from under the heated blanket.