twelve

Spencer Daniels

Another day of my sisters being in town, and the first thing on today's list was ice skating. I woke up bright and early to serve us a spot at the rink. It being so close to christmas and tourists being in town on top of that, I knew if we didn't make a reservation there was a slim chance we'd ever make it on the ice. I hadn't been ice skating in years. It used to be a family tradition, we'd come into the city on Christmas Eve and we would skate for what felt like hours. My legs would be numb from the exercise and the cold, but being in Miami for 10 years, it's not always that easy to find Ice Skating. In fact, i've never seen it. It was never cold enough for that or anything close to it.

Joe left this morning for his meeting, and I was up since then. I couldn't sleep after the bed got cold from someone leaving it. If I fell asleep with a cold bed, fine no problem, but once it's no longer occupied by one of my favorite people then I could basically kiss sleeping goodbye.

I made some coffee and took to the couch. The apartment was too quiet in the mornings to cut the tv on without waking up Charlotte or Marissa, so I just read. I had multiple books spread throughout the apartment but decided on the one that was on the coffee table. Verity by Colleen Hoover. Shook me to the core everytime I turned a page but it was one I had trouble putting down. A truly riveting experience. I sipped my coffee and flipped another page, before my phone buzzed on my leg. I was wrapped in a heated blanket and after being so focused on the plot of the book the vibration from my phone made me jump. I looked at the message.

joe
Gotta pick Willa up from the airport and then I'm going to go back to my place. What are your plans for the day?

Currently reading and drinking coffee until the girls wake up. We're ice skating at 12 and then not sure about the rest of the day. I could make dinner tonight, if you guys wanted to join. Where's D? Is she not coming? You and Willa are welcome to join ice skating!!

joe
D wanted to spend the week with Sophie so Willa will go back on Friday and I'll get them both after Christmas. I don't know at this point I'm not going to argue about it anymore. Also Ice skating could be fun, i'll see what kind of mood she's in when I get her and let you know. We can discuss dinner plans then.

sounds great! how was your meeting?

joe
Usual meetings. I have some interviews to do next week, but shouldn't be anything too crazy until after the first of the year. Might take a vacation haven't decided yet.

He's gone rogue guys 📢 📢📢📢

joe
indeed. Have your passport ready.

yes sir 🫡

Passport? where the hell would we go sir? And i'm invited on this solo vacation? What. Paranoia is taking a hold on me. Am I excited about this? Part of me feels like this is a weird fever dream and i'm going to wake up soaked through 8 months of clothing in my bedroom in Miami with Reece laying next to me, and i'm prepared to go into my shift at the firm in the morning. Then another part of me questions what it would be like to be a fucking stepmom. Then also I want to jump for joy because i'm finally living a life with Joe i've always wanted... but am I actually?

I decided to start getting dressed for the day. I walked to my closet and pulled out the most comfortable pair of mom jeans and a jacket with a random bodysuit. It was all about comfort today. I decided on my uggs to go with it because it matched the jacket I pulled out, and went to the bathroom to start on hair and makeup. I closed my bedroom door so I wouldn't wake anybody up, and went to town.