eight

Spencer Daniels

We're back in the city so Joe can do his divorce things, and me and Sidney have big plans. First we're all doing dinner at my parents again one night, then me and Sidney are going out in the town for a celebratory life event, and then we are planning a girls day. We're booked and busy. And while I'm home i'm completely repacking my suitcases with other clothes and treating myself to a massive shopping haul to make sure I'm covered for the winter months on tour in some of the coldest states the U.S. has. Since this will probably be one of the last times i'm home for multiple days at a time. First challenge, getting to my apartment without getting killed in traffic. That's always a risk but it comes with living here I guess.

I pulled my key out of my purse and opened up the apartment door, to see a completely spotless apartment. Sidney must've hired a professional cleaning service to welcome me home because I've witnessed a Sidney Apartment Clean, and it's a light mopping of the floor and taking the trash out. This was grand. Spectacular. Astonishing. Ok enough.

Seriously, I could smell the cleaning products, and see the streak free shine on the refrigerator. it's the little things I guess. I closed the door behind me and called out for Sidney. No response. I looked at the kitchen counter and saw a note, once I hung my keys up on the board by the door, I read it.

hey wasn't sure what time you'd be back so I went to a quick yoga class on fifth. Going to get some coffee and wine because duh, and i'll be back hopefully soon after you get here! So glad you're back

xoxo sid

I smiled, and walked to my bedroom to drop off my luggage. Next step, unpack and immediately start laundry. After all of my articles of clothing and random souvenirs were placed either in the washing machine or on a bookshelf somewhere, I laid flat across my bed and scrolled social media in hopes of resting my brain from the million and five things I needed to do.

joe
what day are we doing dinner with michelle

HA no clue. i'll call her later.

joe
what's funny
michelle?

yes always. gets me everytime .
did you make it back safely sir

joe
yes ma'am i did. did you?

sure did. elliot almost killed us both in traffic on the way to my apartment earlier but i still made it all in one piece w/ a minor case of whiplash

joe
yeah sometimes he'll get ya with that
about to do mediation text you in a little while

I didn't respond because no point obviously. But switched over my laundry to the dryer and started another load in the washing machine and still no word from Sidney.

I decided to turn on a show on the living room tv and sit on the couch. I had nothing else to do as of right now and I could use some relaxation for sure. I laid out on the couch wrapped in my favorite chunky cable knit blanket and turned on the next show in My List on Netflix. S.W.A.T. Something about Shemar Moore just does it for me, and the fact that dad is now a retired S.W.A.T member brings it close to home I guess. As I listened to the bombs going off on tv, the door opened and Sidney was sprinting towards me. "I missed you!" She said. "You saw me two days ago." I said hugging her back. "I know but I still missed you. I miss you everyday." She said. "I know I missed you too. I miss us being able to people watch together. It's not as fun when you have to do it alone." I said. "Exactly." She said pulling away and falling onto the couch next to me. "How was yoga?" I asked. "It was good. Hot yoga so ya know. Hot." She said. I nodded, "Yeah makes sense." I said.