Part 12

Skip to the next evening. 
Avneet and Vaishnavi went out to buy some clothes as Avneet only owned two pair of churidar. 

Walking shops after shops the girls were tired. There were many beautiful pieces but Avneet doesn't know why Vaishnavi wasn't buying rather walking with a hope to find even better ones.

Finally Vaishnavi's eyes sparkled of victory.
She held a piece of churidar.

Vai- Turn around Avu! Let me see if this will be your size. 
She measured it.

Vai- I like it! Do you like it Avu?
Avneet didn't know what to say. The shopkeeper was the other side with his other customer so she whispered.

Avu- Di, this seems expensive.
Vai- No this isn't expensive. The cloth material is good and the design looks good too. 

Avu- But...
Vai- Do you like it? Or you don't!

Avu- I do.
She said not wanting Vaishnavi to get angry. She liked the piece though.

Vaishnavi bought her five churidar in total.
She was tired else, she had plans to buy other type of clothes too.

When they returned home, Avneet was greeted by Mrs. Rao. She washed her feet and hand fetching water from the well and went to their room as Vaishnavi wanted to do some makeover on her. 
But she was constantly blinking when Vaishnavi was applying the mascara and this pissed Vaishnavi. 

Just then she received a call from Siddharth. She picked it up and put in on speaker. 

Vai- Speak up!
Sid- Woah, whats wrong?

He sensed her anger in her tone.

Vai- This girl! I am applying her some makeup and she is continuously ruining it! Even a kid can be handled better than her!

Siddharth silently chuckled

Vai- I have more complains! I took her for some shopping and she was repeatedly asking me not to buy those cloth because that is expensive! 

She looked at Avneet who seemed pale in fear. 
Vai- I asked you to buy, not to check the prices! 

She let out a sigh of anger. 

Sid- Alright, I am sorry on her behalf, now pass me the phone to her. 
Vaishnavi hummed and gave the phone to Avneet.

Vai- I will go downstairs to make another round of tea. You need not to come Avu, I will manage.

Avneet bit her lips. She saw Vaishnavi's figure slowly disappearing as she went downstairs. She was afraid she has made Siddharth embarrassed and now he will hate her.

Sid- Hello? Are you there?
Avu- H-hello... 

Sid- Are you afraid of her? 
She heard his laughter. 

Sid- She is dangerous when angry though. 
She stayed quite not knowing what to say. But then, she thought to apologize. 

Avu- I am s-sorry.
Sid- Why? 

 Avu- She scolded you as well because of me.
Sid- Oh come on! That isn't even a scolding. 

She felt a little relief knowing he wasn't upset on her.

Sid- Do you not like makeup?
Avu- I don't know how to use them. That is why she got angry.

Sid- Alright I will talk with her.
He suppressed his laughter not wanting to embarrass her more.

Avu- Are you angry with me? 
Sid- Not at all! Why would I be angry... Tell me, are you enjoying there?

Avu- Yes, indeed! They all are so open and kind. I am loving it here.
He sighed of relief.

Avu- W-what about H-him?
Sid- I have managed. I am thinking to take you out for some time tomorrow. Lets visit some more places before we leave this place. 

Avu- Leave this place?
Sid- Y-yeah.

Avneet wanted explanation and he knew it. 
Sid- I have something in my mind... I will share with you soon. 

Avu- Okay.
Vaishnavi came in with some snacks.

Vai- Oh my god Avu! Why did you stand up! YOUR DUPATTA GOT RUINED AGAIN! I will have to drape it once more now!

Sid- Di hold on! Don't scold her...
Vai- YOU BETTER STAY OUT OF THIS! 

Sid- At least hear me! 
Vai- Quick!

Sid- Tomorrow I will take her out, so you drape her tomorrow. Now just have some rest.
Vai- Okay that is better. And you, naughty girl! You better stay still tomorrow! I will make a beautiful hairstyle on you! 
___________

Siddharth went back to his truck and began driving. 
He hasn't found any other way to save her. It was necessary. He will ask her about it the next day. It won't be easy for him. but he has to do it. 
She will surely understand him.

He called Abhishek and told him that he didn't have any other plan. He wasn't being desperate, he just couldn't come up with a better plan.
Abhishek got his point and agreed with him. 
Siddharth then called his mother to inform about Avneet to her. She has heard about the girl from him and is already fond of her. 
Siddharth took a deep breathe and called his mother hoping for the call to go okay.
________________

After having a good dinner, grandma called Avneet. 
She was a little afraid about what she will tell her, but she knew they are good people. 

Grandma- Take a sit dear.
Avneet sat by her leg. 

Grandma- Avneet, you seem understanding and intelligent. You will get my point. Vaishnavi is my own grand daughter. I can never want bad for her. That is why I want you to have a talk with her. 

Avneet nodded.
Avu- Yes, grandma I will talk with her. But, regarding what?

Grandma- You know that the husbands are dominating and the ruler of us. I am afraid Vaishnavi's stubborn behavior will lead her get into trouble. I have been a victim of it, so I know how much it pains to be hit by someone. Abhishek seems a good person but he has full right to hit Vaishnavi if she goes against him. 
__________

Avneet prepared the bed and waited for Vaishnavi to come. She was having a call with Abhishek and she decided to wait.

Soon when Vaishnavi turned around to get into the bed, she noticed Avneet staring at her with big bambi eyes. 
She chuckled. Thee girl was cute and she had already known that. 

Vai- What makes you look at me like an owl Ms. Kaur?
Avu- N-nah.

She shifted her gaze being embarrassed. 
Vaishnavi turned off the light and laid beside her.

Avu- Di, Can I talk to you about something?
Vai- Yes Avu why not?

Avu- Does Abhishek Bhaiya treat you well? Are you sure you want to be his first wife?

Vai- Speak clearly Avu... Even that day you were blabbering something like this. I can't get your point. 

Avu- H-husbands are dominating and our rulers. I have seen my uncle hitting his first wife who was very kind. She died because of uncle's torture. But uncle doesn't beat his second wife as compared to his first. 

Vaishnavi furrowed her eyebrows. 

Avu- Abhishek bhaiya is a nice person, but if you become his first wife, he will also hit you. A-and grandma said, you are very rebellious... What is he tortures you too?

She sat up.
Avu- I genuinely care for you di... I don't want you to suffer like my aunt.

Vaishnavi sighed not knowing what to say. She decided to sit up.

Vai- Avu, you are in a total misunderstanding. It isn't like that. Things aren't like those anymore. Grandma told you something?

Avu-N-no.

Vai- I know she has told you something. Don't lie to me. My grandfather was a tough guy. He beat my grandma to take his anger out... that is true. But, now both women and men are treated equally. You haven't been educated properly and also grew up in such circumstances, I can understand Avu... It isn't your fault. 

She hugged the younger girl.
Vai- Let's have a talk about it tomorrow okay? I will explain you nicely. 

Avneet, though wasn't much convinced nodded. She wanted to belief Vaishnavi but what she has seen and experienced won't let her let go of those thoughts so easily. 
__________

Dhamaka in next chap!😉🤫