Part 27

"I need details Avneet Kaur!" Reem said seeing her friend after days. 
It was the lunch time. Avneet and Reem sat in the bench while munching the snacks they have brought from home. 
"Its a long story Reemie," Avneet explained.
Hearing the whole story from her friend, Reem felt numb. She had gone through so much!

"Avu! You will be staying in my home if you feel something is suspicious! Our house is small, but you will surely fit there. I will protect you! I am black belt in karate," Reem suggested Avneet. 

"Really? You have the black belt?" Avneet widened her eyes. 
Reem smirked and nodded with a proud face. 

"Um... W-will you teach me? I know it-" Reem didn't let Avneet complete her words.

"I will teach you if you have the will power to learn. I know you were about to say that you won't be able to give me money, well idiot, if someone has the interest, who am I to stop him\her? An art cannot  be purchased Avneet," Reem smiled.
_______
Siddharth returned home with a blank face. Avneet was studying so she didn't know when Siddharth had come. 
"What's wrong, Siddharth?" Vibha asked him. 

"I-its nothing mom," he paused. "Lets discuss it during dinner."
Vibha didn't extend the conversation sensing something is wrong. 

Siddharth took a deep breathe and walked towards his room. 
He sighed with his eyes closed and opened the door. 

The sound of the door opening caught Avneet's attention. 
"Oh, you have returned," she stood up.

"How was the interview?" she asked.
"Let's talk about it later, you should be studying. Your first semester is coming soon right?" he asked her back. 

"Yes, the next month," she gazed down. 

Soon the clock struck 10 pm. It was the dinner time. The family sat in silence. Both Vibha and Avneet wanted to know how Siddharth's interview went, but he seemed avoiding it. 

"I was accepted!" Siddharth said with a mouth full of rice and curry. 
"Really!" Vibha smiled while looking at Avneet who had the same expression. 

"Why are you not looking happy then?" Vibha asked. 
"Mom, they are offering me to work in their Kolkata branch. There are universities where I can study but I will have to leave Mumbai then," Siddharth said which brought back the silence in the room. 

Truly they needed a stable financial earning. Siddharth needs the job, but for that he will have to leave his family. There aren't chances of Asmit coming back and hitting on them. And if Asmit plans something, it might happen in Siddharth's presence itself.

"People goes to even worse places, its nothing. I am planning to apply for the job. Are you two okay with my decision?" Siddharth asked. 

Vibha had already let Siddharth stay in Hyderabad for two years. Finally when her son was back in home, he will be leaving again? 
Being newly married, Avneet neither wanted Siddharth to go away. Especially, when she was falling in love with him. 
But they had no option to deny. It wasn't a choice. Both the women nodded their head, but their silence was louder than words. 

Vibha had a talk about this with Abhishek. He agreed as the earning from his tea stall wasn't enough to feed himself, send some money to Vibha and then support Siddharth in his studies separately. The situation was tough, but each of them have gone through tougher times. There was nothing they could do. 

"Avneet," Siddharth said while looking at her who was braiding her hair. 
 "When will you be leaving?" she asked in a soft voice. 

"Saturday," he replied. 
 "W-will they give you off days?" She asked being curious. 

"I don't think so. I might be able to come during Dusshera. Its their biggest festival. Maybe our boss let me take some days off," Siddharth replied. 

He will  be leaving the day after tomorrow. He has applied for the job as an employee under Computing services. His subject is computer science so he thought this might be the best option.

"You should study properly, and score one of the highest okay? You have the potential, and I know you can do it," Siddharth advised Avneet. 

"Also, in the cafe, you must stay away from problematic people," Siddharth said. 

Avneet has also been working a part time job in a cafe near to their home.
The couple laid on the bed, crept closer with each words and slept in each other's embrace. 
____________

It was a bright morning. The weather was sunny and clear. 
Vibha was packing Siddharth some food for the journey. She watched her son having the breakfast as if they are the best food in the world, and his wedded wife exchanging a few words with him.

She felt so secure. The young adults might not have confessed their feelings yet, but the older woman knew that they would be making the perfect family in the future. If they could enjoy and laugh being carefree when they are financially unstable, how amazing their future dates would be when the tables will turn their spoon? Vibha has a lot of faith on Siddharth. He is the son a mother wants and he would surely be the husband a wife fantasizes... a father the children dreams of.

"Mom. what are you thinking? We were talking and laughing while seeing you being engulfed in your thoughts and you didn't seem to notice!" Siddharth chuckled. 

"Oh, so you two naughty kids were talking on my back!" Vibha dramatically sighed making the two individuals burst into laughter. 

"Go and change your clothes! " Siddharth nodded to Vibha's words and went to his room, or maybe 'their' room, which he is sharing with Avneet. 

Vibha smiled.
"May the almighty never let another evil touch the boundary of their love," she prayed. 

"Oh lord! Avneet, go pass him the shirt. He has left it here itself," Vibha sighed.

"Mom I-" Avneet felt a rush of heat upon her cheeks. 

"Mom, give me the shirt I will be wearing, please!" Siddharth requested from the other room. 

"Now?" Vibha chuckled. "Silly girl, he is your husband! Not a stranger, go!"
Avneet bit her lips in embarrassment and knocked the door, even though Siddharth has asked her not to. 
Vibha shook her head in disbelief and went to the kitchen.
Siddharth opened the door. Avneet saw him wearing vest for the first time! 
She immediately gazed down and forwarded him the shirt. 

Siddharth was quick enough to notice her shyness. He passed a naughty leer. Avneet counted the seconds. Why was he not taking the shirt? Can't he understand that she was feeling flattered? 

He slid his fingers to her wrist and pulled her inside. Her eyes were widened to his act. He pinned her to the door and closed the knob. 

"What's wrong?" his deep voice brought her chills. "You appear so red!"

"T-the weather is w-warm today so-" she said feeling the silence more awkward. 
Siddharth grabbed her small waist with his long fingers and pulled her closer.  

"Look at me" he whispered, "Let me see you one last time before I leave."
His words, his voice, his grip and his actions made her tremble of the new feeling she was experiencing. 
She met his gaze. 
They would meet after long. Neither Vibha nor Avneet owns a smart phone, so there aren't any chances of Video call.

He traced his finger along her jawline and lift her face by her chin. 
Her eyes were so beautiful, just like a pool of black ruby. And so were his... the hazel sorcery was driving her crazy. 

He leaned closer. She wondered if he could heard her quickened heart beat. 
He shift his gaze to her lips, and back to her eyes. 

Her body reacted worse. She closed her eyes while her hands traveled to his chest. He smirked seeing her. 
He kissed her cheeks.    

 "You're so tempting," he said bringing her senses back. 
"I will miss you," he said and kissed her forehead. 

She was a blushing mess despite trying, wasn't she?
Siddharth wore the shirt and picked his bags. They went to Vibha. Siddharth touched her feet. Vibha blessed him. 

"Take care," he said. 
He  looked at Avneet and passed her a smile. 

She wondered if it was the smile of pride and happiness or the gloomy smile of lonely guy.
Siddharth walked out of the house's premises. Vibha joined her hands and whispered her prayers to the almighty. 
So did Avneet...
Their eyes glossed with tears.