Part 35

"It's your anniversary tomorrow, right?" Vaishnavi told Avneet.
As for a reply, Avneet nodded with a shy smile.

"Oh god, you two are so cute!" Vaishnavi said as she pinched the younger's cheek. "Hopefully he will confess his love tomorrow."

"I am really grateful to him," Avneet said. "He did not just save my life, but has also provided me a roof to rest under and granted me this wonderful opportunity to be a part of this family. 

"I would say, that your love life is no less than a fiction. It is more like one of those shows where the protagonist saves his heroine and marries her."

"This would be our first time to celebrate the anniversary," Avneet said after chuckling at Vaishnavi's words. 

"Oh, the last two years he was not home," Vaishnavi said. "Well, how did he wish you the anniversaries then? Was it a phone call or a text?"

"I had forced them to face time that day," Vibha, who had just entered the room replied. "These two were too shy to see each other."

"Oh mom, you are really the coolest!" Vaishnavi squealed. 
Avneet passed them a shy smile. 

They had moved into the new house. It was June already. Though the previous house holds more memories, but this house is cozy and comfortable too, just the way they wanted. They had sold the plot of land, where they used to live before. 

The neighbours were were pretty welcoming and nice. 
Once a legend said, "If you have money, you have respect." Well, that was true in every aspect.
___________
After their dinner, they wished a good night to each other and the couples went to their own respective rooms.

Avneet was feeling too shy. She wondered if he would wish her at midnight or should she pretend to sleep, before he enters.
As she was busy with her thoughts, she didn't notice when he had come out of the washroom.

"What are you thinking so deeply?" Siddharth asked her with a smile.

"H-uhh? Nothing much," she replied. 

He laid on the bed and opened his arms.

"Come, you should sleep early," he said. "We have a long day tomorrow."

Her heart beat faster at his sentence. She nodded and turned off the light, before the shade of red could get brighter on her face, and laid in his arms.
All she remember before the sleep, was a kiss from him in her forehead.
___
"Wake up, dear wife..."
Hearing the voice, she opened her eyes, only to flinch. Why was he leaning over her!

"G-good morning," Avneet wished. She could barely sleep last night because of the excitement. Why did he say that they were having a long day? Was she expecting too much from him or was he really pampering her?

"Happy Anniversary, my- love," he said, 
Her eyes were widened at his words. Seeing her reaction, he smiled wider and kissed her hair.

"I am having plans to take you out today," Siddharth said. "So, you should get ready quickly."
With that, he got up and went to the washroom.

Avneet sighed out of relief. She had been holding her breathe for too long!

After freshening up, they went to have their breakfast. 

"Mom, I am taking her out today," Siddharth said. 

 "Oh? Already, I see..." Vaishnavi smirked. 

"We will celebrate your third marriage anniversary tomorrow then, Avneetay!" Abhishek said. 

"Why do you celebrate tomorrow, I am really happy you wished us. That is enough," Avneet said. 

"No," Vaishnavi sighed, which was soon replaced with  another smirk. "You'll get to know why we will be celebrating your marriage anniversary tomorrow."