Part 28

"Finally, I will be seeing the love of my life... after two years," Siddharth sighed with satisfaction. 
It has been two years already. They says time flies. The leap of two year went like a blowing of air.

During this time period, Siddharth has learnt a lot. He has gained experience and has also become a little stable financially. The CEO of the corporation, Mr. Roy treats Siddharth as his son. 

The first day when Siddharth entered his room as an interview... 

"Mr. Nigam, are you?" Mr. Sen said while examining Siddharth. He looked fragile and hopeful with a lot of dreams. His eyes trembled of fear or nervousness but those orbs held the potential of the future. His eyes shimmered with hope at the same time as well. 

 "Yes sir," the young man replied confidently. 
"We saw your qualifications," Mr. Sen said. Despite the other branch accepting the lad, he wanted to judge him personally. 

"You  have already passed the interview, so I would ask some simple questions," Mrs Sen said to which Siddharth nodded. 

"Yes sir," he uttered. 

"You are still a student right? Why are you doing this job even though its far from your home?" Mr. Sen asked. 

"Sir, I really need the job. We are not stable financially. I want to provide my family with a better future," Siddharth answered. 

"You need to manage your study as well, so what if I see compromise in the job?" Mr. Sen sounded strict. 

"Sir, I promise, I will not let my studies hamper the job," Siddharth assured. 

 "And what if you compromise your studies because of the job?" Mr. Sen asked. 

"Sir, I will try my best to cope up with the two. Despite, my subject is computer science, so this occupation will benefit me. I have been managing my studies along with other hardships, so I will try my best to fight against the situation," Mr. Sen felt miserable hearing the young boy. 

He isn't a soft person, but this boy, seemed different. There was something in his attitude, his behavior, choice of words and qualification which made him win his heart even without working under him for a day. 

Mr. Sen had a lot of expectations from him. And yes, the lad didn't pour water onto his expectations rather cherished them and created a better impression every single day. The boy had the basic moral ethics and coped up with both his studies and the job well. 

Two years were over, Siddharth has the degree and has reached the age to work under a good amount. However, during the leap, he never went to his home. He needed to focus on his studies as well, so whenever he got a break, he studied and studied till dusk. 

Did he not miss his family? Only if someone knew, the young man of twenty five, who looked mature and tough cried for his mother each night. He missed his wife every moment. He lacked love and warmth. 
But, in the generation, where technology is ruling, he was always connected with his family. Abhishek has bought Avneet a phone as it was really needed, both for her studies and to call her husband, who is the beam of light in her life. 

The first time when he video called Avneet... she looked eternal. She probably had a bath, he could guess it seeing her wet hair.
He was seeing her after weeks.
Little did he know how much his wife was missing him?

Siddharth got up on the train. He was missing Kolkata already. The culture of Bengal has brought him happiness. They are immersed in celebrations throughout the year and are frank and helpful. The Bengali dishes, the Bengali sweets, every thing was heart warming. Mr. Sen treated him like a father does to his son. He even bought Siddharth extra books for his studies regardless of his numerous refusals. He had shown various treasures of Bengal, fed him handmade dishes whenever he felt like. 
They celebrated when Siddharth topped the exams. Siddharth also got scolded once for scoring a little low in one of his additional subjects.