Eleven

Jai was currently sitting next to me and I felt weirded out that he did that.

Joshua was quiet for a while until he started asking questions.

"So Heather, have any plans for the weekend?" He asked.

"Not that I know of" I responded.

"Good, That means I can take you out to get to know you better"

Jai cleared his voice which made Josh look at him and I did also.

"Sounds like a plan" I said facing Josh.

-

It was getting dark and all of us were swimming on the lake. I was getting cold so I got out and started walking towards the tent.

The only one not swimming was Jai. He wasn't feeling so good so why not go check on him.

I went to the tent and changed into some sweatpants since it was a bit cold.

I put on a large V neck shirt. Leave me alone. I love long and big shirts.

I walked towards Jai's tent and debated if I should go in or not. What if he doesn't want to be bothered.

"Who's there?" I heard him from the inside.

"It's me" I whispered. I don't know why I did but I did.

"Oh, uh come on In"

He unzipped the doors I I could go in.

He looked like a mess. His hair was all over the place and his face looked pale. He was wearing big sweatpants and a sweater.

"How are you feeling?" I asked obviously not knowing what to say.

"Better"

I checked his forehead. He was burning hot.

"Jai, you seriously aren't okay" I said looking at him.

"I swear I'm better, I feel better. Now that you are here" he whispered the last part.

"I think you should go home or to a hospital"

"I said I was fucking fine" he snapped.

I removed my hand from his head and backed away a bit.

"Sorry" I said walking out.

"Heather" I heard him say but walked towards the wooden table.

A tear had managed to fall from my eyes.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you" I heard from behind me but I didn't turn around instead he walked to the other side with a blanket over him.

I shrugged at him. I didn't want to say anything at the moment because it will probably end up in me crying and spilling out all my emotions and feelings for this boy.

"I didn't mean to"

"Okay" I looked past him at the people still in the water.

"Look Heather, I know things are still on the awkward side but I think you need to move on"

Well, that hurt.

"On the process" I responded simply.

"And when you find him I hope he treats you right" he smiled at me. I didn't return the smile. I was honestly breaking from that comment.

"I'm glad you have moved on" I rolled my eyes.

-

"Did he really say that?" Nash asked.