Twenty Nine

H E A T H E R

I tried calling Jai but he wouldn't pick up.

I was getting worried.

I fucked up. I know I did.

J A I

"Why are you back so early?" I hear Luke ask. I ignore him and just go up to my room.

"What's up with you?" Luke walks through the door.

"That fucking bitch" was all I could say.

Luke had a confused face which obviously I had to explain.

"I'm telling you this because i don't know what to do and you seem to know about situations like these or at least how to handle them"

"Okay?" He closed the door behind him.

"Heather" I began.

"Woah!" He shot his head back.

"She had a fucking abortion" I said angrily. "With my child"

"She told you?" He whispered. "I mean what?"

"You fucking knew?" I got up.

"No"

"Stop fucking lying" he knew I was being serious so he had to take this serious too. He hesitated.

"Remember when I flew back for like a week?" He waited for my response. So I nodded my head. "She called me crying telling me she was like two months or three old and that she was thinking of doing it. I wanted to tell you but she said she would never forgive me so I just flew over there because she obviously needed someone and you weren't there so I was there"

"So what you are saying is that it's my fault?" I asked defensively.

"Pretty much it is"

"Did she also tell you that she's pregnant again?" I asked annoyed because I was the last one to know, like always.

"She's what?"

"Yeah and she might lose the baby"

"Why do you say it that way? Shouldn't you be with her?" He asked.

"Because it just pisses me off."

"Are you telling me you don't want to have a happy family with Heather? Or was that all you had for her?" He asked. "Is that what you call love?"

"I need time" I say down.

"Time for what?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I can't believe she did that, with my baby"

"You're an idiot. Go to her and just move on. You both did a mistake, which yours was the reason for her mistake so just grow some balls and move on. Go to her now and help her through a tough time"

"Tomorrow" I laid down.

"I would go now if I were you?"