Chapter 3

Mingyu laid on his bed, staring blankly at his bedroom roof. He's still thinking about what his mother had said two nights ago.

"Gyu baby, I have something to discuss with you" his mother said with her serious face which Mingyu hadn't seen in a long time. He stayed silent which mama Kim took that as a clue for her to continue.

"Mama knew that I shouldn't keep this from you but I have a serious illness, early stage of lung cancer." Mingyu eyes grew wide, his lips quivered as he is about to cry.

"I have been having hard time breathing since I recovered from covid last year. I got my body checked up half of year ago, and the doctor said that the virus was not even there. He just gave me some lung medicine to use whenever I have trouble breathing. It has been fine until today when I went shopping and meeting Yeonsu again, I inhaled the cigarette smoke from somewhere behind the shelf then I was coughing non-stop and almost passed out due to the lack of oxygen. So, she called the ambulance to take me to the hospital. I just woke up an hour before you two arrived." Mama Kim stopped for a moment to stable her breathing.

Mingyu just sat there soak up all of the information that his mother just dropped on him. His eyes were glossy and staring to his hand slowly stroked her hand without the IV drip.

"Mom, I'm sorry" he said after a while since his mom stop talking. "I didn't know you were in pain. I should have noticed those symptoms you had."

"It's okay, honey. I know you were busy with your university's work. Mama doesn't want to worry you either. The doctor here said that the disease is curable as long as I do what they told me to. I was about to keep this to myself until you found your love one first but Yeonsu suggested me to tell you the truth, knowing that you will be upset when you found out the latest."

"But I still found out the latest. Wonwoo hyung even knew you are sick." Mingyu pouted.

"Talking about Wonwoo now, are we?"

"Mommmmm"

"I'm only joking, honey. Wonwoo is a good guy as far as I know from his mom. Even though he is a little bit older than you, you guys warm up to each other very quick."

"He seemed nice, I guess.'

"Ouuu, my baby is blushing"

"Mom please, stop teasing me"

"Haha, it's fun to see my baby is this whipped already. But seriously though, mama is not forcing you to be in relationship with him or anything. Mama will be happy with whoever you choose to be your partner. Right? So don't worry about disappointing me or anything."

"Yes, mom. You should rest now. You have been talking for a while. I'll go out for a while to fill your discharge paper for tomorrow."

After Mingyu left the room, he broke down for the second time in this day in front of the door. Anyone who walk past him gave a weird look but only the nurse that responsible for taking care for his mom know why there is a young man sobbing at the hallway.

Eventually the crying had died down though it took a lot of time without anyone comfort him like last time. He walked down the hospital hallway to wash out his tear-dried face then walked back to where he told his mother he was going to. 

Arriving back at the room, he saw that his mother is sleeping peacefully. Not to disturb her rest, he quietly strolled to the nearby sofa and off to his dreamland.

Mingyu sighed, hand rubbing his throbbing temples. He has exam in the next 6 hours and his head decided not to let him rest at all. He has this insomnia for a few months now and the cause is still unknown to him. He simply cannot stop his overthinking mind, and it is becoming worse as he learns of his mother's condition. The lad walked down stairs to hopefully find sleeping pill and get himself some sleep.

~

"I knew it. I knew that 2 pills were too much" Mingyu is now hurrying to catch the final bus that will take him to his university on time so that he does not miss his exam.

"Aish, dammit" unfortunately he still missed his last bus.

"Ahhh, I don't want to spend my saving for taxi. They are so expensive." Nonetheless, opened his phone to the app that allow him to book taxi.

"Accept me, please. It's the fifth time already. Why are they so busy?" Mingyu desperately throw his hair back, letting out a huge sigh.

"Mingyu?"

Upon hearing the familiar voice, he shot up to see the handsome man from the hospital night, at the driver seat but leaned to talk to him through the passenger window.

"Wonwoo hyung" switching up from his grumpy face to smiley one when in contact with the older.

"Hyung, could you drive me to my university? I missed my bus and could not get any taxi to accept my request. Pretty please?" Mingyu made a cute face with pleading voice and eyes slightly glossy as his hands now are about to open the door even though Wonwoo had not said anything yet.

"Okay then" the older unknowingly accept his pleading. 

-------------

Sorry for the late update. Enjoy the chapter ^^