Chapter 23

Mingyu woke up with puffy eyes and a throbbing headache. He believed that he had had that nightmare again, but he didn't remember waking up after it. As for the nightmare, it was the same one that he had always had.

The fire in his childhood house.

There was a little boy who was trapped inside the burning house, tightly holding his white bunny plushies to his chest at the corner of his own bedroom. The child was no older than 7 years old. He was screaming and crying for help, though it seemed like no one heard his wailing.

The smoke suffocated the poor boy, making him constantly coughing, but he never stopped asking and crying for his mother. In the end, he passed out from the lack of oxygen, before the firefighter could reach him.

The flame first destroyed the ceiling and ultimately shattered almost the entire house leaving some residues like the half-burned picture he had framed in his nowaday room.

As much as the regular occurrence of the nightmare, the feeling was still fresh in his mind as if he went through it again. He was still scared like that little boy, still calling out for his mom and still crying his eyes out. He tried not to seek for therapist, because getting a therapist is expensive and he thought that it would eventually go away with time. As they said: Time will heal everything.

After lightly massaging his temples, his eyes caught the sight of a pair of nicely folded trousers and a white dress shirt on the coffee table.

"Who's the hell- "

His hand flew right to his mouth as the realization hit him like a truck.

They are Wonwoo hyung's clothes.

Butterflies swooned around in his tummy, almost busted outside. Mingyu unconsciously smiled at the thought of his Wonwoo hyung letting him borrow his clothes. He brought the clothes closer to his nose, since the strong peachy and jasmine with a little bit of vanilla fragrance already blew to him from where it was located.

The house was quiet, only the sound of birds chirping near the window was heard. Mingyu looked frantically around the living room; there was no sight of his hyung. He focused back on the piles of clothes in front of him. Would this fit? Not out of offending but he remembered Wonwoo is not as tall as him and his overall build is much smaller than him.

Nevertheless, he picked up the set and went to look for the bathroom. He found it beside the kitchen and twisted the door knob to a locked door. He didn't hear the shower sound though, Wonwoo hyung can't be in-

"I'm in here." Yep, Wonwoo was in there.

"Oh, sorry hyung. I thought you already went out."

"Wait a minute," Wonwoo's voice echoed, "I'm almost done."

"Y-yes hyung." Why did he suddenly stutter? He wasn't sure himself either. It could be because the way they talked to each other only with the bathroom door in between sounds so domestic.

Mingyu sat almost too politely at the small dining tables, waiting to get into the shower. He looked around to absorb more into his surroundings, since yesterday everything was hectic as trying to get Wonwoo cured from his fever. The kitchen was so clean, no trace of anything being cooked, perhaps he could help making breakfast for both of them.

He dropped the clothes on the chair that he sat earlier and strolled to the fridge. Seems like he made himself at home more than he realizes. The fridge was pretty bare, with a bottle of half-empty milk, a couple bottles of water, some white cabbages and a carton of chicken eggs. The ingredients were enough for a simple breakfast, though the homeowner should be restocking them soon 'cause these were too little to survive on a daily basis. He could try to scramble a few eggs with cabbage. Easy and delicious.