Chapter 25

"Say Mingyu," Soonyoung started again after they had finished their two-hour buffet and karaoke, they were chomping on the rainbow popsicles as of now, "How are you and Wonwoo hyung this day? Any progression?"

Seokmin averted his attention toward the questioning man in front of him, the ice cream was hanging in the air. Cold ice cream fits well with hot tea. Meanwhile, the person who got asked, stunt in his seat.

"Nothing much," Mingyu answered,

"I refused to believe that there wasn't anything more," Soonyoung plopped the ice cream in his mouth and pointed to Mingyu with the spoon, "He was your mom's friend's son for god's sake. There should be an occasional meet up between you two."

"Us three are best friends and we barely gathered up, what makes you think that he would occasionally meet up with Wonwoo hyung?" Seokmin hit the back of Soonyoung's head.

"He is actually a manager at the company I'm working." Mingyu closed his eyes after revealing the shocking news.

"WHAT?" Seokmin and Soonyoung shouted at the same time. Soonyoung then hit Seokmin back on the head, "Told you, there would be something."

"Still, I didn't know it would be this big of a bomb." Seokmin stroked where he was hit.

"I also only found out when I started the internship." Mingyu stirred his melted ice cream.

"Did your work colleague know?"

"Know what?"

"Know that you guys know each other."

"I doubt it," Mingyu drooped down, "When asked, he stated very firmly that we didn't know each other, even though we just went out on date the previous night." he sighed loudly, "at that moment, I only thought about this; now that I said it out loud, it kinda pathetic on my side, don't you think so?" he laughed amusingly.

Mingyu's drastic mood change didn't go unnoticeable for the duo after saying the last phrase. Mingyu is a passionate person, who likes to openly show his affectionate side when it comes to the people he likes. Being shut down like this must have hurted the younger intensely.

"My ship sank without even sailing." Soonyoung wiped his nonexistent tears.

"Okay," "How about we push this problem to tomorrow. Today is our escape day, let's go out and have fun."

"Alright," Mingyu was back to being his enthusiastic self, "Where shall we go next?"

The trio looked back and forth toward each other, smiling knowingly as though this situation happened countless times already.

"BUMPER CARS!!" they yelled simultaneously. Then Seokmin pushed his hand down, signaling that they were overly loud. The others followed, not forgetting to giggle from their silliness.

Soonyoung raised his hand to get the waiter's attention, "Waiter, we're ready to pay."

~

"Three tickets for bumper cars, please." Mingyu said politely to the supposedly in early 20s lady who was in charge of the bumper cars section.

"That would be 15$ for half an hour," the lady gave the tickets in exchange for the money that she received, "Enjoy the ride." She bowed slightly to the trio.

"I called blue." Soonyoung shouted.

"I called black." Seokmin echoed.

"I called red." Mingyu rushed to the nearest red car.

A couple more people also came to play bumper cars, having both adults and teenagers. Most of them come to heal their inner child, reminiscing their childhood memories.