Chapter 10

Mrs. Jeon was worried since it's been half of an hour that mama Kim went into her son's room. She already ate her share of breakfast as per suggest from the owner and they still haven't come down.

She walked out from the table to where her friend is. When she arrived at the living room, she heard the cracking noise of door opening from upstairs.

"Oh, what took you guys so long? The breakfast is cold now."

"It was nothing, Yeonsu. I just had a chat with Gyu and forgot the time." She motioned Mingyu to go to the kitchen to eat breakfast. He greeted the other woman and went into the dining table.

"That's great, then. I was worried that something happens up there." After that, Yeonsu lowers her voice to ask, "is it about my son?"

Seowon closed her eyes and slightly nodded, Yeonsu made an 'o' shaped mouth and looked back to the kitchen.

"Let's them solve it by themselves, we can't really do much anyway." Yeonsu patted her on the back.

~

Mingyu finished his breakfast when the door of the nearby bathroom creaked open. Wonwoo came out after he washed and dried his hand to see Mingyu already looked at him.

"What?" the older raised his eyebrow.

"N-nothing" Mingyu stumbled with his words, his eyes focus on everywhere except the older. "hyung, do you still want to go on the date?"

"Come again?" Wonwoo who almost walked out from the kitchen, paused on his way to listen to what the younger had said earlier.

"I want to ask you if you're not changing your mind about going out with me." with red face display, Mingyu continued.

"Why do you ask that?"

"N-nothing, i just want a confirmation, that's all."

Wonwoo sensed that he might do something that make Mingyu has doubt in his mind or the younger just need more validation to himself.

"Yes Mingyu, I will go on the date with you. I'm a man of my word. Once I said something, I will do it." Wonwoo assured the younger.

"Okay," he pressed his lips together, "And hyung, can you give me your phone number? I realize that I haven't got yours yet."

"Alright, give me your phone." the older typed his number along with his name into the contact list.

"There, ring me." The younger did as he was told to, silent vibration alert Wonwoo to which he pulls his own phone out.

"So, according to you, did we change from going on a date to asking me out as a boyfriend or did I miss anything?" he pointed out, while setting Mingyu's number into his contact list.

"I- ugh- I mean-," Mingyu's face suddenly becomes brighter than tomato.

"It's okay, Mingyu. I'll consider it after seeing your performance on our first date." the latter laughed, then winked while walking to his mother at the living room.

"Argh, this hyung is a tease." the younger was left, covering his face in embarrassment. I mean he did score himself a date and possibly a boyfriend later on.

~

It came the day where Mingyu was supposed to take his Wonwoo hyung on their date. He was tossing his clothes everywhere around his room, randomly picked up two pieces of clothes just to throw them away.

His two besties whom he called as early as 7am for emotional support, as Mingyu stated, sat on his bed.

Myungho, according to Soonyoung, is a fashion genius so he was also dragged here. Now, three of them witness a wild, stressed Mingyu running around his room to find suitable clothes.

"When were your date again?" Myungho spoke up.

"4pm," Mingyu answered, he dived back into his closet.

"It's freaking 8am right now, gyu. You have tons of time. Why are you calling us this early?" Soonyoung complained then fall down to the bed, spreading his arm on Mingyu's piles of clothes.

"I don't know what to wear. None of these clothes matched." Mingyu frustratedly rubbed his face.

"What kind of vibe do you want to go for? bad boy? country boy? y2k boy?" Myungho stood up, searching for the clothes that might suit Mingyu's special occasion.

Mingyu hasn't said anything, yet the Chinese guy tossed a set of clothes, combination of white polo shirt and a pair of black pants.

"Change into this," Myungho said, motioned with his eyes to the bathroom. "While I find you another set if that doesn't suit."

Pouty Mingyu does what his fashion friend told him to, going into the bathroom with the said set.

On the other hand, Soonyoung took out the straightener irons from Mingyu's cupboard and other accessories like clipped earrings, decorative rings, chains from his own bag that he carried from his home.

While Seokmin went to borrow some make up appliances from Mama Kim as Myungho suggested so that he could work on his power to make Mingyu become a charming prince.

The delicious sweet and sour pork rips were done preparing and plated on the table. Mama Kim came to Mingyu's room to check on them.

"Boys, lunch is ready. Gyu sweetie, I think Wonwoo would love that suit very much." She knocked and opened the door to a sight of Mingyu in white t-shirt covering with midnight blue blazer and black pants hugging his legs.

"M-mom, go down first. We will be there in a minute." Mingyu flustered from his mom invasion and hearing his mother's compliment.

"Alright, let me know if you need anything else, okay?"

"So, your date's name is Wonwoo, huh? So much for hiding from us." Soonyoung spoke up after hearing the fainted sound of mama Kim's footsteps away from the room.

"I know, right. You only said you have a date coming up and refuse to tell us anything about this person. Here, I thought we were best friends." Seokmin added with his fake tears, dramatic as usual.

"I want us to be more serious first, before telling you guys"

"But your mom already knew?" Myungho blurted out.

"That is because Wonwoo hyung is her friend's son." He sighed

"And a hyung too" Seokmin threw a knowing look to Mingyu, obviously stating out that the latter had a thing for older guys. 

"Do you have picture of him? perhaps we can dress you up to couple with him."

"No need, Myungho. You can do as you normally did when you go out. But let's continue after having lunch. My mom is waiting for us at the kitchen."

------------- 

Sorry for the late late update 😭 

hope you guys enjoy the new chapter 🙌